Planes of Fame Airshow 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planes of Fame Airshow 2009

All day Saturday the plans were buzzing our tower at the house from the air show. Sunday instead of watching from our house we decided to go check it out first hand. The theme for the show was "A Salute to Grumman Aircraft".

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Nice. I love airshows, been going to them since I was 6yrs old. Just saw the Blue Angels a few weeks ago. Were there no static jet displays?

Odly enough I love the smell of jet fuel and the sound of a fighter jet gives me chills.

Comment

They didn't have any new jet's, it was all WWII era and earlier but wee still had a great time. I did get Shane a die-cast model of a Blue Angel. They had more plans on display but didn't take many pix of the plans on the ground. It was about 92-95 out and with a pregnant wife, a 1 year old and the sun beating off the black top we didn't last long at the show.
      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I see Shane has the G-Money hairdo going on!!!!

Nice pictures. That C5 airplane is big enough to play tackle football or volleyball in!!

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post

Nice pictures. That C5 airplane is big enough to play tackle football or volleyball in!!
          Shane sports the fohawk, I just have it spiked.....

It was cool to see the C5 fly over our house on Sunday after the show. It took off and made a pass over our house then back over the show, then blasted over our house again for March AFB.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post

Taking off in a C5 is interesting...the seats facing backwards. I flew one back from Honduras. I thought it was never going to get off the ground!

Comment

I'm pretty sure that is a C-17, and not a C-5. Just FYI.

Comment

I think Dingle is correct. With a C5, the nose would be able to tilt towards the sky but again, a C-17 isn't a small plane either.

Comment

Dingle is right it is a US Air Force Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Comment

wish they did more air shows down here, Lauderdale used to do a big one, but cancelled it
                    "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

The best show is Miramar down in San Diego...

http://www.miramarairshow.com/

Comment

Nice pics! You're gonna make NICKYPOO cry
                        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

The airshow was pretty sick...I had the luxury of watching it from my backyard.

This thing was a beast!!!
                          Attached Files
                          www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Here is the link to the schedule & list of planes that were there.

http://www.planesoffame.org/airshows/2009/schedule.php
                            www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Nice! Two Tigercats! The one with the red MB on the tail, Big Boss Man, has been raced at Reno for the last several years. It was sold after last years races along with his other two racers. I sure am hoping to see it race again. Who knows though. They make an awesome racket when they go by. They did a fly-by last year with 3 of the 4 Tiger Cats in existence. Truly a rare sight to see even one.

Only 4 weeks to PRS. If your in Reno second week of June, look me up.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X