Anyone use a Thule roof bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use a Thule roof bag

Was looking at getting a roof bag for family road trip. Has anyone used one of these? I am looking at just a soft bag. Pro's and Con's would be appreciated.

Comment

Is this what you are asking about? I have a Thule Moab that attaches to my factory roof racks. I have been thinking about getting a bag like this to put inside of it, and keep the contents dry. Usually we are using it in the summer when weather is not a problem, but last year coming home from Lake Powell we hit a small thunderstorm in the desert. Since then I have been thinking about getting one.
      Attached Files
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Yeah thats the bag type. I don't want the hard rack due to garage clearance issues and the bag can go up and down quite easy it appears and will only use when on the road to give the kids more room.

Comment

I just take the rack on and off for those few trips a year.
          I can't find the dimensions on the bag types. Only the cu. ft. dimensions.
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

most I have seen are 40"l x 32" w x 18" h in that area if you search some different sites they will give the size.

Comment

I bought one of those soft bags at Target. It kept stuff dry, but the big complaint I had was not having enough of the right objects in the bag to create an aerodynamic and non-flapping-bag structure. It created a little bit of noise which was annoying, but better than having wet luggage.

I ended up buying a Thule Atlantis hard shell box which attaches to my factory racks really easily. It easily stands in the corner of the garage and not only can I fit a LOT of odd-sized stuff (stroller, umbrellas, beach chairs, boogie boards, golf clubs, etc) but no noise and only a 1 mile per gallon impact on highway fuel efficiency.

If you decide to go the soft bag route (I think the Atlantis was around $400 on sale), the Target special was around $35?

Comment

Working...
              X