damn thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn thieves

Was gonna clean the boat up today from it's winter hibernation and get her out on the water. Only to find my whole stereo missing... AGAIN!!!! This is the 4th time already! I've tried multiple storage places and that doesn't seem to help. Guess I'm gonna have to start removing it every freaking time it goes to storage.... what a joke!

Luckily they didn't snag my 485's. But they did a number on my amp rack which took me months to get all the glass work done. It was nice too.... so depressing!

Missing
    2 - Kicker ZX850.4
    2 - Kicker ZX750.1
    2 - 12" L7's
    4 - Kicker RS65.2's

They did leave one set of the RS65.2's for some reason.
    Last edited by Tanner; 05-10-2009, 01:23 AM.
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
    Was gonna clean the boat up today from it's winter hibernation and get her out on the water. Only to find my whole stereo missing... AGAIN!!!! This is the 4th time already! I've tried multiple storage places and that doesn't seem to help. Guess I'm gonna have to start removing it every freaking time it goes to storage.... what a joke!

Luckily they didn't snag my 485's. But they did a number on my amp rack which took me months to get all the glass work done. It was nice too.... so depressing!
    Tanner
    Man that sucks. Sorry to hear about this. If the the numb nutz new anything they would have snagged the 485's and left the stereo. Glad they didn't. Good thing we have insurance...still sucks.
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

That't the very reason I have't put a stereo in my boat.
      I'm going old school- I'm bring back the SKURFER!!!!!!

Comment

I am lucky to be able to store mine in my third garage.
        15 Escalade ESV-Black
        08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

That sux Sorry to hear!
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Part of what ticks me off is my amp rack was built as a hidden wall on the port side exterior wall. I just didn't have my security panel in that hides it, like I usually do. You can not tell its not a wall when its in. So that's all on me! Blah.

As far as insurance goes, I'm not claiming it. I already had two claims on there last year...one being stereo theft. I don't need to get dropped b4 the season starts. LOL.
            Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Man Tanner that suck even worse having to come out of pocket.
              15 Escalade ESV-Black
              08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

tanner where do you store? I stored mine at alpine just south of Norman and NEVER had a b problem. Sheriff patrols it too

they are great people too.
                Originally posted by G-MONEY
                It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

that does suck i store mine indoors at a storage with 24 hour survalance (sp) and nothing happens sorry Tanner i hope everything goes good

Comment

wow...that sucks. 4 times in how many years?

Comment

Originally posted by samw View Post
                      I am lucky to be able to store mine in my third garage.
                      Same here. The Tige is in the main double stall along with our 08 Tahoe while my Grand Cherokee gets to stay outside. The third stall has my 2000 Mustang in it.

Tanner it does suck when someone tries to rip off your stereo. Last year while on vacation we caught locals trying to get my Pro60's. The resort owner has the dock lit and with motion detectors the lights go to full intensity and an alarm at the dock and in the resort owners house will go off.

He has a camera that transmits to his office and when he sees all guest boats back in from fishing or cruising he enables the alarms.

I sure hope insurance covered your system.

Comment

That sux Tanner! Don't you wish you could catch them in the act? I've got a nice wrench for the trailer hitch ball that I would like to apply to their fingers!

Ironically, ChpThril is running a "hot sale" on the following items right now:

2 - Kicker ZX850.4
                        2 - Kicker ZX750.1
                        2 - 12" L7's
                        4 - Kicker RS65.2's

- J/K of course!

Comment

Originally posted by ImaPigDog View Post
                          That sux Tanner! Don't you wish you could catch them in the act? I've got a nice wrench for the trailer hitch ball that I would like to apply to their fingers!

Ironically, ChpThril is running a "hot sale" on the following items right now:

2 - Kicker ZX850.4
                          2 - Kicker ZX750.1
                          2 - 12" L7's
                          4 - Kicker RS65.2's

- J/K of course!
                          I've got a good source, i'm sure I could get my hands on those, in like new condition as well
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Tanner,
                            Sorry to hear about your loss. I have a used JL M4300 4 channel marine amp for sale...
                            If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                              I've got a good source, i'm sure I could get my hands on those, in like new condition as well
                              Hear that tapping.... that's a bat knocking on your door...lol.

I can actually get employee pricing from kicker, so my cost isn't all that high. I am making a change-up though, and going to some Arc amps this time I think. I just gotta get ahold of Andrew!

Ironically the sub amp was fried, and the Hi/Lo pass switch on one of the 850.4's was bad. I was actually gonna pull both amps today and take them to my fiance's uncle so he could get them repaired. So the guys didn't make out as good as they thought they did.

Comment

Working...
                              X