Onstar subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onstar subscription

I called to cancel my onstar subscription today... here is what they offered, first off it was 100 free minutes... I said no... then they told me they that due to the economy they dropped the rate to 12.95 from 18.95... I said no... then they told me they would give me 2 months free and then start the 12.95... I said ok

If you are currently paying for Onstar... Call them and see how much more they are willing to give!
    If its not fun, Why do it?

Thanks for sharing! I don't have on-star, but appreciate it when people share how to save money.

Comment

Nice work. I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks for the heads up.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

That approach works well with most Cable TV providers also!

Comment

satelite radio also....
          ---v^---v^---v^_____---v^---v^ For a second there. I was bored to death!!

Comment

Yes it does, we've been paying $4.50/month for all the hbo and cenemax channels for about 5 years now. They keep trying to raise the rates, I tell them to take it off, they say they can keep the rate...gotta try it with xm now though. We use slacker on our iphones so much xm is hardly worth it, but if I can get the rate lower we'll see.

Comment

XM/Sirius you can get a full year for $77, just call them up and say that you got a flyer in the mail or email but don't have it with you.

Here's the verbiage from the email that I got:
              And what’s more, XM would like to extend a special offer to you. Subscribe to XM Everything for just $77** for 12 months or $4.99** per month for 6 months – that’s up to 50% off. Plus, there’s no activation fee. Keep the entertainment you want at an incredible discount. To subscribe now, just call
              1-877-228-9041.

Comment

DAMMIT I just re-uped for two years............ahhhhhhhhh poopey!

Comment

The one time I really could have used onstar (needed to find the closest hospital while I was at the lake), they said they couldn't help me b/c they were unable to locate me.

Kind of pointless if they can't find you in rural areas!
                  Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

if I ever get my z running again I'll have to look into it!
                    Originally posted by G-MONEY
                    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

sirius has lifetime for 399. I might just do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                        sirius has lifetime for 399. I might just do that.
                        lifetime for the radio though.........if you get a new receiver then the plan is null.....

Comment

Originally posted by sparky216 View Post
                          lifetime for the radio though.........if you get a new receiver then the plan is null.....
                          Negative.

allowed 5 transfers and if stollen it doesn't count.

and after that it's just a 10 dollar transfer fee.

Comment

Thanks for all the ON-Star info. Even though my wife and I have Cell phones we use On Star as a third phone on our Verizon family share plan to get low rates on calls and handsfree calling with superb sound clarity vs numerous bluetooth solutions I have tried. We will be up for renewal in a couple of months and it is good to hear that they will haggle to keep a customer. We don't need itsirections feature since our Tahoe has built in Nav system but other feature are peace of mind issues if for some reason I or m wife were in a serious crash.

Comment

Working...
                            X