Bummer weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummer weekend

First off... My brother in law fell from the attic through the ceiling and landed on his back. He was found unconscious with blood coming out of his ears. He was care flighted to Ft Worth hospital where he has bruised frontal lobe, fracture skull and bruised lungs. He is still unconscious 3 days later. We are in a wait and see time period.

Second off... A good friend of mine (Troy and his family) was killed in New Mexico

Huntsville family killed in accident

By Matthew Jackson
    Staff Reporter
    Five Huntsville residents were among six people pronounced dead at the scene of a two-vehicle accident 20 miles west of Roswell, N.M., Friday evening.

Just after 5 p.m. Friday a black Ford Mustang driven by 18-year-old Elaina Hita of Clovis, N.M., veered into oncoming traffic on US Highway 70, colliding with a westbound SUV containing a Huntsville family of six on their way to a spring break ski trip.

At high speed, the Mustang slammed into the driver’s side of the SUV, causing it to roll. The driver, former Huntsville firefighter Troy Lawson, 31, was killed due to blunt trauma from the impact.

Four back seat passengers in the SUV were ejected by the impact and were killed when the vehicle rolled on top of them. They are Troy Lawson’s mother Julia Lawson, 59, his wife Kristy, 28, and their two children Cameron, 9, and Kerabeth, 7.

The front seat passenger, 62-year-old Terry Lawson, husband to Julia and father to Troy, is in critical condition after being airlifted to a Lubbock hospital.

Hita was also killed due to massive blunt trauma from the impact. Her passenger, 22-year-old Luis Navarro, also of Clovis, N.M., is in critical condition at a Roswell hospital.

According to Sgt. Ronald Jackson of the New Mexico State Police, the accident was likely caused when Hita lost control of her vehicle.

“What we have is a case of a young driver with a new car who was probably just driving too fast and lost control,” he said. “Speeding is the number one cause of accidents, so that’s likely the cause. It was also very windy at the time, but we don’t think that was a factor.”

Jackson also noted that alcohol was not a factor in the crash.

Funeral arrangements for the Lawson family are pending.

What a crappy Weekend! You should live your life to the fullest as you never know when your last moment might be. RIP Troy and his family! Please include my brother in law Timothy in your prayers. He needs all the help he can get!
    If its not fun, Why do it?

We will pray for Timothy and all those who knew Troy and his family. God Bless.

Comment

Very sorry to hear about these tragedys.

Will definitely keep your BroIL in my prayers. I hope that he recovers.

Comment

Holy $hit! I am sorry to hear about this news, and hope your Brother in law has a full recovery!!

Comment

Damn Dude. Super bummer. Try to keep your head up. I'm not religious but, I'll pray for those invvolved anyways.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, we are all pulling for them!!!
            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow! Sorry to hear the bad news! All of those involved will be in my thoughts! I hope Timothy makes a full recovery!

Comment

Thanks for all the comments! I am sure it will be a long recovery. The toughest part is waiting...

Comment

wow, I hope that everythings turns out okay. Sorry to hear about this.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this... Good vibes sent your way.
                    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

sky, Thoughts and Prayers to you and everyone involved.....hang in there.

Comment

Bummer....wow! Hang in there and they will be in my thoughts!

Comment

Sky,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all related!

Comment

sorry to here about your friend and bro in law hope everything goes good

Comment

thanks to all.

Comment

Working...
                              X