Clear All

Name a successfully ran Gov't program

I've been asking my friends this, and here is what we've come up with:

1. The military -although according to the democrats, this is a failure
    2. The post office

What else?

Welfare! LOL!!!

Comment

We should change this post to things NOT ran well by the gov.
      I bet we would get a pretty long list.

Comment

HOw do you figure the post office? Haven't you read the news lately?
        If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

The only reason the military is successful is because it is older than the government. lol
          How can I be racist when all of my assault rifles are black?

Comment

Originally posted by bobback View Post

2. The post office

What else?
            Hey, I saw that you posted this on snowest also this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Super B View Post
              Hey, I saw that you posted this on snowest also this morning.
              Interesting the different responses. You have the same username?

Comment

IRS; they're good at collecting (except for politicians)

Comment

2. The post office

What else?

I respectfuly disagree;

The military? Throw money at any problem and it will seem somewhat effective. I beleive we have great people in the military, but is the very model of inefficiency. $400.00 toilet seat and what not, gas masks that don't work right etc. But they did (along with some crafty) forign policy crush the Commies for the most part. Now if we can get China...

The post office? Modern day marvel of sheer crapitude. Suspect delivery effectiveness, price hikes every two years, a whole genre of negative employee personalities and actions named after them, and now they offer up cutting delivery days as their only hope...

I offer in rebuttel;

1. NASA, see the military above as to throwing money at a problem, but those sob's put men on the moon! We have Martian space rovers that have far outlived their estimated life span, which have enabled up to take information directly from freaking Mars! We have cultural icons like tang, and the Hubble telescope, the later of which is allowing us to see into the very origins of our universe, the former a tasty orange
                  Drink. The diversity of knowledge that comes from that organization consistantly amazes me.

1/2 point for the prosecuting staff at the federal courts. While I don't always agree withthe policies they enforce, if they lay down an indictment you can bet your pearly puckering butt you are gonna get convicted. 90+ percent conviction rate.

IRS. Simply put if they want something they get it. Everyone hates them, but mearlybecause they do their job well. They are always gonna get your money.
                  Last edited by Tequilasun; 03-04-2009, 02:47 AM.
                  "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

2. The post office

What else?
                    The post office
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Kito View Post
                      We should change this post to things NOT ran well by the gov.
                      I bet we would get a pretty long list.
                      It's less reading the way it is now
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
                        I respectfuly disagree;

The military? Throw money at any problem and it will seem somewhat effective. I beleive we have great people in the military, but is the very model of inefficiency. $400.00 toilet seat and what not, gas masks that don't work right etc. But they did (along with some crafty) forign policy crush the Commies for the most part. Now if we can get China...

The post office? Modern day marvel of sheer crapitude. Suspect delivery effectiveness, price hikes every two years, a whole genre of negative employee personalities and actions named after them, and now they offer up cutting delivery days as their only hope...

I offer in rebuttel;

1. NASA, see the military above as to throwing money at a problem, but those sob's put men on the moon! We have Martian space rovers that have far outlived their estimated life span, which have enabled up to take information directly from freaking Mars! We have cultural icons like tang, and the Hubble telescope, the later of which is allowing us to see into the very origins of our universe, the former a tasty orange
                        Drink. The diversity of knowledge that comes from that organization consistantly amazes me.

1/2 point for the prosecuting staff at the federal courts. While I don't always agree withthe policies they enforce, if they lay down an indictment you can bet your pearly puckering butt you are gonna get convicted. 90+ percent conviction rate.

IRS. Simply put if they want something they get it. Everyone hates them, but mearlybecause they do their job well. They are always gonna get your money.
                        The IRS is legalized extortion! They "roll" you every April 15th

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
                          I respectfuly disagree;

The military? Throw money at any problem and it will seem somewhat effective. I beleive we have great people in the military, but is the very model of inefficiency. $400.00 toilet seat and what not, gas masks that don't work right etc.
                          I must respectfully disagree with this point, even though I resemble your avatar.

Most of the reports like the toilet seat example are based on ignorance of the situation and/or blown out of proportion by the media. I used to do contract administration and purchasing for the U.S.A.F. so this does "strike a nerve" and I apologize in advance if taking a defensive posture. I have knowledge of the overpriced coffee pot example (don't recall exact cost so let's pick ~$250 for the sake of discussion - don't sink your teeth or flame on this price people!). In that particular instance, the press read through a contract available as public information and took one line item, such as the coffee pot that they saw listed for ~$250 and cried WASTE!!! What they failed to investigate is the details of the line item. Since you cannot store gallons of scalding hot water in an aircraft subject to evasive maneuvering, this particular coffee pot was not your normal Mr. Coffee from Wal-Mart. This was a custom design for a particular aircraft and was actually better built and less expensive that what most civilian airlines were contracting for. Unfortunately, the details never gets published as it doesn't sell copies.

Compared to many corporations, there is far more scrutiny in the military when it come to spending funds than in the corporate sector and rightfully so, since it is our tax dollars. Sometimes the system is so rigid it causes waste. But, as a whole, there are many checks and balances that keep it from getting out of control. I've worked for several corporations in a few different industries since leaving the military and have not witnessed any as near as controlled or efficient. IMHO - The major difference is that the military doesn't have a profit center. So, the entire mission is an expense (our tax dollars).

As a whole, yes, there will always be a debatable issue as far as how much we spend on the military to make it effective.

Sorry for the rant. I'll step off the soapbox, put it back in my pants now and sit down.

THANK YOU tigeowners.com!!! GOOD NIGHT!!!

Comment

Interesting the different responses. You have the same username?
                            Yes, I have the same user name over there. And yes, the different responses are very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaPigDog View Post
                              I must respectfully disagree with this point, even though I resemble your avatar.

Most of the reports like the toilet seat example are based on ignorance of the situation and/or blown out of proportion by the media. I used to do contract administration and purchasing for the U.S.A.F. so this does "strike a nerve" and I apologize in advance if taking a defensive posture. I have knowledge of the overpriced coffee pot example (don't recall exact cost so let's pick ~$250 for the sake of discussion - don't sink your teeth or flame on this price people!). In that particular instance, the press read through a contract available as public information and took one line item, such as the coffee pot that they saw listed for ~$250 and cried WASTE!!! What they failed to investigate is the details of the line item. Since you cannot store gallons of scalding hot water in an aircraft subject to evasive maneuvering, this particular coffee pot was not your normal Mr. Coffee from Wal-Mart. This was a custom design for a particular aircraft and was actually better built and less expensive that what most civilian airlines were contracting for. Unfortunately, the details never gets published as it doesn't sell copies.

Compared to many corporations, there is far more scrutiny in the military when it come to spending funds than in the corporate sector and rightfully so, since it is our tax dollars. Sometimes the system is so rigid it causes waste. But, as a whole, there are many checks and balances that keep it from getting out of control. I've worked for several corporations in a few different industries since leaving the military and have not witnessed any as near as controlled or efficient. IMHO - The major difference is that the military doesn't have a profit center. So, the entire mission is an expense (our tax dollars).

As a whole, yes, there will always be a debatable issue as far as how much we spend on the military to make it effective.

Sorry for the rant. I'll step off the soapbox, put it back in my pants now and sit down.

THANK YOU tigeowners.com!!! GOOD NIGHT!!!
                              Point well made. Touché!

The avatar is a high school photo of a guy named Peter Griffin btw.
                              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Working...
                              X