Bailout Mascot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bailout Mascot

I know this will get moved but it is just to funny to let go.

hehehe, funny, but yeah, post this in Off-topic

Comment

great description
      ---v^---v^---v^_____---v^---v^ For a second there. I was bored to death!!

Comment

I attended a talk from an economist recently who basically laid out 3 options our government has:

1. Deflationary - rewards savers and punishes borrowers/investors (what happened in the Great Depression)
        2. Stagnation - least painful, but has longest recovery (Japan in the 1990s)
        3. Inflationary - gov't prints money which eliminates debt, but destroys wealth (similar to Weimar Germany and Iceland today)

Looks like it's going to be a combination of 2 & 3. So, if you behaved, you're screwed. It's funny, listening to Larry King tonite it seems like most of the listeners think the same thing. I say lock up all those who were irresponsible on the lending side. We could put them to work on public works projects while their serving their sentence...reduces unemployment and does some good.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
          I attended a talk from an economist recently who basically laid out 3 options our government has:

1. Deflationary - rewards savers and punishes borrowers/investors (what happened in the Great Depression)
          2. Stagnation - least painful, but has longest recovery (Japan in the 1990s)
          3. Inflationary - gov't prints money which eliminates debt, but destroys wealth (similar to Weimar Germany and Iceland today)

Looks like it's going to be a combination of 2 & 3. So, if you behaved, you're screwed. It's funny, listening to Larry King tonite it seems like most of the listeners think the same thing. I say lock up all those who were irresponsible on the lending side. We could put them to work on public works projects while their serving their sentence...reduces unemployment and does some good.

Comment

Working...
          X