College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Football

Wow! Another upset riddled weekend. 3 out of the top 5 go down in flames.

Big 12 is looking awfully tough.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
    Wow! Another upset riddled weekend. 3 out of the top 5 go down in flames.

Big 12 is looking awfully tough.
    Really amazing......

My Top 5.

1. Alabama
    2. Penn State
    3. Oklahoma
    4. USC
    5. BYU

Comment

Mine goes

1. Texas (I almost puked in my mouth)
      2. Alabama
      3. Penn St.
      4. Texas Tech.
      5. O State (duh duh duh.... wow that's a tough one to say)

Do I think OU, USC, and FL are better than 3 of those teams.... ABSOLUTELY. But hey.... trying to play it like the pollsters.
      Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

mine goes just like the AP said,

1. TX (GAG PUKE, vomit did I really just say that?)
        2. Bamma
        3. Penn State (I guess, still think they are untested)
        4. OKLAHOMA (BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!)
        5. Florida

I still think OSU got lucky last night. MO played terrible, just like OU did. I think OSU gets crushed by TX in Austin, and TT in Lubuck, and who knows about CO since they play in Boulder. Its gonna be close. OU still has a chance as we by far have the easiest test between TX and OSU left
        Originally posted by G-MONEY
        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

To all of you Oklahoma, Missouri, and LSU fans, my condolences go out to you for a tough weekend. Believe me, I know how you feel. Now I am sure that you will all join me in hoping for future losses to Texas, Alabama, and Penn State. I don't think that Oklahoma State will win out, and sorry BYU, even though you won, although not pretty, the polls weren't very nice to you as you didn't move up at all. I still wouldn't mind having USC play BYU in a bowl game so that all of the myopic smack from BYU fans can be shut down once and for all.

Comment

I wish that I could say that I was able to watch those great games, but I was involved in my daughters wedding all day and could only break away for a few minutes at a time to catch a glimpse of some of the games.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky216 View Post
              Really amazing......

My Top 5.

1. Alabama
              2. Penn State
              3. Oklahoma
              4. USC
              5. BYU
              Where is Texas? and that may be a little high for BYU, but they have some good D. Going to TCU thursday we need a win there. BYU

Comment

BYU is just not getting any respect from the polls. I would have expected them to go up at least one place. But if they keep winning, TCU will be a challenge and it's looking like Utah will be even a bigger one, enough teams above them will be losing another game that they shouldn't have a problem getting an attractivce BCS bid (again, assuming that they can beat Utah). I really doubt that they have any chance at a NC game. For as much disrespect that BYU is getting, I think that Utah is respected even less. They still aren't in the top ten and have looked pretty good in their victories as well.

Comment

My favorite team is still Ohio State but the last 3 years have been heartbreaking for me. I think the Big 10 is a either a little weak or Tressel just chokes on the big games (or both). On paper OSU has always looked good and they start strong and then let USC/Florida run all over them like they are a high school team.

The NCAA desperately needs a playoff system instead of this stupid rankings/computer scoring system.

I have to wonder what will happen to Penn State when they finally play someone good from outside of the Big 10.

Comment

Penn state is over rated, I'm sorry.

BYU is good, but again I don't believe they have played anyone yet. UT will not win out and neither will OSU. It will be another wild year in college football. Playoff system, I wish but it will never happen

Comment

Originally posted by LovinPowell View Post
                      To all of you Oklahoma, Missouri, and LSU fans, my condolences go out to you for a tough weekend. Believe me, I know how you feel. Now I am sure that you will all join me in hoping for future losses to Texas, Alabama, and Penn State. I don't think that Oklahoma State will win out, and sorry BYU, even though you won, although not pretty, the polls weren't very nice to you as you didn't move up at all. I still wouldn't mind having USC play BYU in a bowl game so that all of the myopic smack from BYU fans can be shut down once and for all.
                      If BYU and USC did play and BYU won, I am afraid that you will have to move to Southern California and your USC ego will take a loss as big as the Dow.

BYU only has a chance to move up if they beat TCU and Utah -- both are going tough games. Especially Utah, they hate BYU more than they love life. The last two games we stole from Utah in the last seconds the same way they stole it from the mighty Beavers.

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
                        If BYU and USC did play and BYU won, I am afraid that you will have to move to Southern California and your USC ego will take a loss as big as the Dow.
                        If that did happen, I would just go live on my boat. It is my kids who I would be worried about. Kids are ruthless (adults at least show some restraint and compassion), and school would be unbearable for them.

Comment

Look at it this way. If they actually fixed the system and it was fair, what would we have to whine about?
                          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

We could whine about the ninth ranked team if it were an eight team playoff, the seventeenth ranked team (16 team playoff), etc. etc.

Comment

there will always be a flaw, but lets make them as small as possible

Comment

Working...
                              X