No announcement yet.

Never Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very sad date for everyone. i remember my disbelief when i came home and saw it on the TV, it was on every channel.. so scary.

Comment

where were you when the world stop turning on that september day

Comment

911 also effected me deeply. As a member of a generation that has seen no major wars, always lived in the comfort of a "peaceful" world it is a moment in time I will look to as a turning point in my life. The things that Stand out in the aftermath of that event are astonishing.

The firefiighters and rescue workers that rushed into the horrific scene. Simply amazing.
        The fact that our country as a whole, and in general, did not blame the entire muslim world for the evil done by a few.
        The stories of the survivors, and the media portrayals, while often far too graphic for my tastes...amazing
        The heroism, while ultimatly unsucessesful, of the passengers who rushed the cockpit.
        That the entire world, not just America, stood still for days.

Let us never forget all those people who were lost...even if that simply means not getting agrivated at airport security.
        "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

I remember hearing the news as I drove to work on a jobsite that morning. When I got to the jobsite, no one yet understood what had happened. My work that day was inspecting the masonry construction of a new fire station. As soon as the contractor's superintendent arrived, he left to purchase a radio on which to listen to the news in his trailer. The rest of the day I divided my time between actually inspecting the work and simply listening and relaying the latest news to the masons. At first, everyone was confused. When I told them of the towers collapsing, shock began to set in to the entire crew. The whole group of workers that is normally full of energy, joking and playing all day long, became unbelieveably quiet. They continued to perform their work, but no extra words were being spoken beyond those needed to compete their jobs.

I distinctly recall the realization that absolutely no airplanes were flying. The airport in Las Vegas is constantly busy with planes landing and taking off. I heard a deafening silence as all planes in the air were ordered to land and nothing, commercial or private, was flying to or from the airport.

The last clear vision I have of that day is getting home. I turned on the television to see the pictures of the horror which I had only been able to hear over the radio all day long. It was then that I sat down and began to cry over the senseless death of so many.

I could never forget. Who could?

Comment

Working...
          X