Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G's to Gents ... Why the hell am I watching this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G's to Gents ... Why the hell am I watching this???

So I was channel surfacing trying to relax after writing up a contract and somehow stopped on G's to Gent's. Haven't watched MTV in years, now I know why.

Where do they get these guys???

Here's a quote!

"I'm homeless, I live in my car. BUT HEY IT'S A MERCEDES"!!!

This being said by a guy wearing "bling" (fake or not) ... lets try putting the money elsewhere fella.

I will never understand this mentality I guess. Maybe something good will actually come out of this show for one of these guys. B/c man are they ROUGH!
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

I remember when MTV actually played....*gasp*....music videos!

Anyone remember the first video ever played on MTV?

Extra points if you can name the VeeJay who was on first....

-Mike
    Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

video killed the radio star.....VJ adam something or other with big hair?

Comment

I think there were a few... like 5 or 6, I can only remember martha quinn.
        Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

i think I have seen a music video. probably only one.

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
            video killed the radio star.....VJ adam something or other with big hair?
            The Buggles... Made up of band members from Yes, and later Asia...
            It's not an optical illusion.
            It just looks like one.....

Comment

Yep...Buggles' "Video Killed the Radio Star" and the 5 original VJs were:
              Nina Blackwood, Mark Goodman, Alan Hunter, J.J. Jackson, and Martha Quinn. I actually watched that first video when MTV launched on August 1, 1981. Hell if I can remember who was on air first...I *think* it was Mark Goodman....

-Mike
              Last edited by hoopykat; 07-16-2008, 06:19 PM.
              Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Yes and Rush are my favorite bands... but did not really follow the yes band members after the 9021Live album

Comment

It's so bad you cant take you eyes off it
                  Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I remember when MTV came on air... That was when the remote had a cable on it. I thought it was Nina but dang that was along time ago.

Beta players were introduced for over 1K.
                    If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

Working...
                    X