Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Another Normal Day At The Lake, Until...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Another Normal Day At The Lake, Until...

It was the middle of July, we were out with the family and friends. Our Tige and my dad's best friend's Tige. We were boarding and surfing. My Dad decided to give it a shot. We all knew that since he is a prety big sized guy that it might be hard for him at first. He had never been on any type of board before whether it be skate, wake, surf, or snow. He could Ski at a decent level back in the day and is a pretty advanced Snow Skier. So he hops in the water to give it a go.

Well, after about 10 tries, and much frustration, his attempts to get up were not a success. The rest of the day was quiet.

Then last weekend, Myself, my Dad, my Brother, and my Brother's friend all headed down to the lake for a nice long Saturday. We all took one or two wakeboard sets and we all got a nice long surf session in. My Dad turns the boat off once we were all done, takes the wakesurf, takes the rope, and hops in the water. He was trusting me to drive him since I had gotten my boaters license.

I was flashing back to old times and failed attemps that lead to bad moods and such.

I started the boat, set the PerfectPass, and attempted to yank him up out of the water. First Time, No go. Second Time, No go. Third, Forth, and Fifth time, No go. He then says, "I'll try once more and then I'm done." Each time I tried pulling him up faster, but it was still to slow and the surf board would wobble with the slow speeds and high weight which would cause him to fall over. I crossed my fingers and I accelerated quickly, almost too quickly, but just enough to get him out, up, and on top of the water.

The look on his face lit up, as did mine, my brothers, and his friend. My first reaction was to run and get the camera and so I did. My brother took the wheel on the straight-away and I was snapping shots here and there. I took the wheel again and just watched in the rear-view as my Dad was getting the hang out surfing for the first time. After yelling back and forth from him to myself in the boat, I convinced him to try to let go of the rope. Remember, It was his first time ever up surfing and ever up on any type of board in general. He let go, maybe stayed in the curl for 5 seconds, before he sunk in.

We thought it was just going to be a normal day at the lake. It was ironic enough that he was giving surfing another try, but even more ironinc when he popped up for the first time.

Here is a pic of his first time ever. As you can see he was maybe a little too excited. It was a great day that turned even greater.

Attached Files
    www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Dude this is in the wrong Thread Its not "off topic" It should be in the "What boatings all about" thread.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."

Comment

Thats awesome! Looks like yall did have some calm water for a Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Teriffic Story David,
        Keep 'um coming!!
        www.battlesangel.com

Comment

very nice
          Originally posted by G-MONEY
          It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X