No announcement yet.

Just checking in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, when i was shopping for a hull i ran across dozens of bubble decks, T-decks, Hondo's, Sangers, Lavey's but the barron Sprint caught my eye. They are out there but not too many. They were built to compete in the circle boat races of the 70's. Basically it''s a Hallett deck with a narrowed Biezmeir bottom. You would see these things running many different classes. anything from carb'd 427cuin engines to alky injected 1500hp+ K-boats. The k's run deep into the 140mph's then turn left
    I really like the hull also, very good in the rough water. seems to run better in choppy water than smooth.

"When the drags blow out, the K's come out"

I just found this pic... god i'm ready to go back
    Attached Files
    Greg Denton
    former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

Originally posted by Tige M.D. View Post
      "When the drags blow out, the K's come out"

My uncle's was badass. All white with a black stripe around the edge and a big black Barron Sprint logo on the deck. Blown 454 on nitro, 2 speed Casale, basically the works. All Balsa with no flotation foam to save on weight. Rigged by Mr. Sunny Jones himself. It was nasty. I watched him flip it one day when I was a kid. Taking some poor guy for his first ride in anything other than an I/O. Both survived and so did the boat, but it wasn't pretty. He sold it soon after that and bought a TR3, but just never could get over that flip and sold it as well. I've been looking for that Hallet for years now, but it's MIA.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Greg - It is good to see all the pix and your boat is very cool... I haven't been on the boards in about a year and today is my first day catching up...so it is good to see your pix etc. Your new dog looks amazing! Looks like all is well for you and your family...wrangler

Comment

Working...
        X