ESPN has lost their focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN has lost their focus

They don't have the US Open Playoff on but 2 channels of Euro Soccer. WTF! I want to smack the crap out of the dumb *** who thinks soccer should be on over the US Open. I have to use ESPN 360 and watch it on my computer vs my plasma!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Coach View Post
    They don't have the US Open Playoff on but 2 channels of Euro Soccer. WTF! I want to smack the crap out of the dumb *** who thinks soccer should be on over the US Open. I have to use ESPN 360 and watch it on my computer vs my plasma!
    I'd rather watch soccer, but since they have a bunch of channels, why couldn't they find one of their alternate channels to do it?
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I just figured out the NBC had the coverage after I turned on ESPN360. ESPN started the coverage this morning so I didn't figure that NBC would have it.
      Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Yeah, ESPN had it until Noon (Mountain) and then NBC picked it up after that.

Tiger FTW...

Comment

Kinda weird considering that ESPN is an ABC/Disney entity, not NBC. I gave up on ESPN when they gave up hockey to that rodeo channel....what....Versus?...

-Mike
          Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopykat View Post
            Kinda weird considering that ESPN is an ABC/Disney entity, not NBC. I gave up on ESPN when they gave up hockey to that rodeo channel....what....Versus?...

-Mike
            Used to be OLN now is Versus
            Common Sense is not so Common
            Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

I wonder why ESPN doesn't play more wakeboarding tournaments?
              "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

atleast espn has the college world series on
                Everything happens for a reason
                I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
                  atleast espn has the college world series on
                  Yeah, without my stinkin' Sun Devils......Arghhh Fresno St Cinderella

Comment

I have an ESPN collared golf type shirt and twice when I was in a gas stations in the morning on the way to work i have had random people think I worked for ESPN and start complaining about programing , it is pretty funny. One guy was almost yelling, why do you watch HD programing on billiards. I just play along and don't tell them it was just a free shirt, I don't really work for the network.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post

Well Since I played in Europe for a year right out of HS, I kind of have to disagree with you on this.

I would say the ratings are probably gonna be higher as well.
                      Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
                        Well Since I played in Europe for a year right out of HS, I kind of have to disagree with you on this.

I would say the ratings are probably gonna be higher as well.
                        Where did you play?
                        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I bounced twice in a very short span, from a farm squad in the netherlands for PSV back to my "home country" where I was playing (more like riding the pine pony) for (Real Madrid) Castilla in the Segunda Division B.

Knees got shredded for the 3rd and final time. So I came back home to go to college. Couldn't play college ball as I threw that out the window when I signed a contract. But it was worth it.
                          Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Working...
                          X