Chuy's Founder Paralized in Offroad accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuy's Founder Paralized in Offroad accident

If you live in Tucson Az,, or in Northern Los Angeles, or The 909,, you are probably familiar with Chuy's Baja Broilers. 47 locations.
    A Chuy's will soon open in Lake Havasu, near Crystals.

A Tequila salesman at the local Veterans of Foreign Wars, told me Chuy's is the number one buyer of Tequila west of the Rockies.

We often hit Chuy's at Castaic Lake after a day of Wakeboarding.

Mark Evanson, an avid boater and offroader, & the Chuys founder, recently was permaniently paralized from a rollover in his Jeep in Arizona.
    Damage to the Jeep was minor. It's generally believed if he had his seatbelt on he would have walked away.

I know Mark well, lots and lots of us Tige' owners know him, he supports local Little Leagues or any community event in all the communities his stores are located.

He wrote lots of checks to my sons teams, and donated tons of gifts and cash to their fundraisers.

Chuys started when Mark converted an old abandon A&W rootbeer stand, which was actually a tired old trailer and carport , to a Baja looking beach bar with corregated metal and funky airbrushing..

It was an instant hit, on a shoestring budget, and after years of failed restaurant ideas,, he finally became a multi millionaire.

At the Chuys in Valencia after a day of Wakeboarding:
    www.battlesangel.com
Working...
X