Tige' and Golfcarts: Social tools at the River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige' and Golfcarts: Social tools at the River

Ya never meet a stranger when your cruising in a golfcart at the river.

At night,, or even mid day,, kids cruise the campground in golfcarts,, and instantly meet other kids.

My son will vanish on the golf cart,, and arrive minutes later with babes his age sitting on & hanging from the cart.

A couple weeks back on the Parker Strip, my daughter griped no boys her age were at the Emerald Cove campground to hang out with, or invite along wakeboarding on our Tige' 22iR.

It's mid week, some families have left,, others have yet to arrive for the weekend. A down time.
    My son told her she was just missing them, they're plenty of them around. Ya just need to cruise around in your golfcart, and they pop outta the campsites to talk..

To teenage girls, especially at the Parker Strip, flirting & hanging with boys is a BFD. Marens a social butterfly at the river,,, most always is holding court & having fun with other kids her age. A golfcart is now a major social tool for this.

Ok,, I'll get back to that.

I'm working on the Tige' while it's sitting on the trailer,, and three good looking boys her age drive by on a golfcart. They slow down looking for the girl that lives in our RV with the yellow Tige'.,,. I jump off the boat, stop them,, and offer them a Red Bull.

"Sure" they say,, I say: "go on in my RV and turn right",,, they did, walked into my daughters bedroom and my daughter was still in bed ,, and it was a scream,,,, OK pound my huevos flat with a wooden mallet.

"They were so cute dad,,,, but don't do that anymore".

"Ya said their were no cute boys",, I told her.

If you knew Maren,,, and how cool she acts in situations like this,, you'd know how fun it is.
    "GGGeze dad,, I had no makeup on,, no eyeliner ect ect,,,
    She got to know the boys,, all from Newport Beach,, all expert wakeboarders and we had a great day on the water with them. Of course, the kids all went golf cart cruising all night long. They went home the next day. Their parents all came by and complimented my kids,, and I hung out with them for a spell.

Another kid drove up the next day in a Metal Flake red with gold flames golfcart while I was down on the beach after I anchored the Tige'.
    I saw he was listening if anyone was up in the RV before he was going to knock.

Sharp, super handsome kid, but no sense of humor. He came down and introduced himself to me,, and asked if it was OK to talk to my daughter. Interesting isn't it? Ask me to talk to her. A nice kid,, he said he found our campsite because he saw Marens golfcart parked in front and the yellow Tige'.

I told him he should hook up with her at the pool that evening.
    Maren said,, nice kid,, but no sense of humor, and he was afraid to wakeboard and ride a quad on the tall dunes of Dumont.

Maren and I were returning from Parker in my truck. While turning right on Rice Rd,, we saw the SB Sheriff parked in the shade of the abandon gas station.
    I stopped asked the Deputy if they were writing tickets to golfcarts driving down the shoulder of Rice Road.
    He said; "If they're lit at nite,, and off the pavement,, no, we don't write them"
    But he wasn't sure what the CHP would do.

So,, ok,, That night, I had my daughter drive me over to the Del Rio Bar and grill in the golf cart.
    In route,, we'd stop off at the laundry and start a few loads. We started the washers, then Maren takes the wheel and it's off to Del Rio.

Del Rio is golf cartville. People everywhere cruising at night socializing and giving lifts to anyone who'll let them.

Kids cruising slowly like late nite hayrides.

The Del Rio Bar and Grill is a bit different than the rest of the watering holes along the water.
    Most everyone knows each other because most everyone is a neighbor, and the bar and grill is a major gathering spot for the resort.

A Peyton Place with plenty of juicy gossip if ya hang out long enough.

The Del Rio owner always seems anxious to close up for the night. So it's hard to relax with a few brews thinking you'll have a full night at the bar. It's kinda-drink-up-and-get-out-so-I-can close attitude.
    Sunday morning breakfast and football works pretty good at the Del Rio though. I suggest anyone try it.

So Golf Carting back back to Emerald cove,,, Maren sees cute boys she knows walking,, so I bail off the golf cart,, she gives them a lift,, I see her taillights vanish into the Parker nite and I walk back to the Emerald Cove Bar and hook up with other Tige' owners..

Parents in the Emerald Cove Camp ground told me don't put a ice chest on the cart. So the kids have to return often to get cold drinks and you can then touch base with them.
    www.battlesangel.com

Another one of your great stories I get to enjoy. You sound like your in a pretty cool, laid-back crowd. Wakeboard on a Tige by day, Chill around at night. Thats the life. Sounds like all the guys are really into your daughter and it's cool that your cool with that. Keep the stories coming.
    www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

www.battlesangel.com

Comment

Nice pic. I'm guessing thats your son and daughter. Cedar Creek Lake (In Texas) has lake houses all around the lake and it's the same with golf-carts and motor scooters there.
        www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

nice story. golf carts are everywhere at every lake I think. They are up at Eufala in oklahoma too.

dom
          Originally posted by G-MONEY
          It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X