The Mystery Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mystery Dad

Ya wanna know why rich guys have beautiful daughters? They marry beautiful women,, and their girls are awsum.

My son's been crazy about a girl for about a year now.
    A 13 year old wakeboarder built for speed. Just awsumly beautiful, with a personality and humility and kindness that leaves you with no doubt the next generation coming up is nothing to worry about.

My son and her are just a happy little couple.

He's (they've) campained her parents pretty hard to let her join us on our Wakeboarding river trips to Parker.

Nah,, her dads against it, and no means no.

I respect it,,, but I did lean on him a little.

I met him twice,, he looked awfully familiar but I couldn't place the face. They go to Havasu often,, I've seen their boat. Heck, we've all seen their boat,, but none of us have placed the famous face driving it. Just another Joe.

I'll get back to that.

So finally, my son & his girlfriend got my daughter to plead their "wakeboarding together at the river case" to the mule headed dad.

My daughter was brilliant & helped her brother out. She called the dad,, went over in person, and reached a compromise: My sons girlfriend could come out wakeboarding with us to Parker but with a catch;
    The girlfriends mom would drive them, and spend a few days with us too.

Heck, why not,, what the hey, OK by me.

OK, they show up the third day we're there at Emerald Cove. After a super day of wakeboarding, the kids all jump on the golfcart and vanish into the Parker night.

So:

I sit on the Emerald Cove beach on beachchairs with the mom,, we have a few drinks,, and she opens up.

Turns out the dad is a famous singer and song writer from the late 60's and early 70's.

The moms story went: a good businessman too that managed to hold on to all the rights to his music. So he pulls several checks,, in addition to a rare major league sold out appearance in Vegas.

His not being reconized in public is a big deal to them, and they pull it off. When in Havasu, they book rooms in the moms maiden name.
    Had me stimied, wondering,, but I was fooled, and I've promised to keep their name quiet.

OK, their visit went well,, wakeboarded and wakeboarded. We campained hard with the mom to let my sons GF stay longer,, but,, "no means no" and she departed in tears. The horror!!!

The family is security conscience,, they've had several threats that they take serious,, and I really respect and support how they handle it.

My daughter once dated a kid of a famous Hollywood film maker,, and his family was going through hell,, so I buy the caution that the families have to take.

Anyhow,, just a little story I'd pass along about our past wakeboarding trip.
    Last edited by Flying Tiger; 08-22-2004, 06:06 PM.
    www.battlesangel.com

Thats awesome. It's good that you respect the family because it's tough to be rich and famous and be able to keep up and enjoy yourself in the public without worrying about threats and all with all the terror in today's day. Thats a really cool thing of your daughter to do for her brother also. Good luck to your son, his girlfriend, your family, and their family. Hopefully more things will open up and all. Sound slike your wakeboarding trip was fun.

-David
    www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

Working...
    X