Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading Windows Media Formatted (.wmv) Videos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Windows Media Formatted (.wmv) Videos...

As the title reads, does anyone know how to upload .WMV (Windows Media Format) Videos to a post, or gallery, or something?

Thanks in advance for answers...
    www.dallaswakeboarding.com

David, .mpeg,.mpg,.avi,.asf,.wmv and .mov files are accepted in the gallery section but not in the forums. Be aware that your disk space for your gallery is limited to 2 megs. This includes any images you have posted in the galleries and only in the galleries. If you take a look at your gallery options it should tell you how much space is used on your account.

Let me know if you have any problems because you will be the first member to do this. Also when you are uploading please be patient because depending on the size of the video it may take some time to process.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I don't think my video will fit (27.8 MB). WB.com's gallery said it can handle it but it wouldn't upload after a few hours of the page being up. I think wakepics only does up to 20 MB. Do you or anyone know a place where I can upload it to?

Comment

Sorry, I dont know of any other place.

Comment

I'm new to this editing/uploading thing still and dont really understand most of it. First off, is it normal for a movie with transitions, titles, 2 songs, about 6-7 minutes long, etc. to be around 28 MB in Windows Media Format? And lastly, is there a way to resize it or something?

Comment

Yes it is normal. Whenever you have songs and transitions added to a movie you will dramatically increase the size. You could take away the music and transitions to cut down the size but it would probably be a boring movie. You really have to find a happy medium in order to scale it down to a sufficient size.

Comment

Thanks for all the help Matt. I'll probably take away a few of the slides and cut down the most of the riding except for the jumps. Should have it posted sometime between Fri-Mon. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X