Transmission Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Temperature

I have a 07 Denali with the 6 speed trany. There is a gauge that shows the transmission temperature. Towing in the hills what is a max temp you should run at under normal conditions.

In out yukon and 1500 we were at 118 , 125 when we pulled a hill in hot weather.
    Should be same in the denali...
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
      In out yukon and 1500 we were at 118 , 125 when we pulled a hill in hot weather.
      Should be same in the denali...
      Do you mean 218 and 225?

Comment

WOW I effed two things up

It sat just under 210 and just over when pulling a hill.

sorry

I was thinking of somthing totally different at the same time I was posting I can't mutitask worth a S#!t...
        Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I went out to Parker to pick up the boat and bring it back for service.
          On the way out(no Boat), air temp was 114 and I was doing 85mph up the Indio grade, the trany hit 224. On the way back, towing the boat up the backside of the grade the air temp was 106 and the tranny hit 225 doing 70mph. The engine never broke 210 degrees with the aircon running full bore.

On the flats the tranny runs about 190-200 towing the boat.

Does this sound normal?

Comment

When you towed before was it as hot out side?

Did you hear your fan kick in and if it did did you see a difference in temp?

Do you have a oil and trans cooler? You should have a trans but not sure if the still put the oil cooler on

ours sometimes would get that hot but the fan would kick into hog gear and bring it back down quick.....that is after we fixed it.....We replaced the entire cooling system just to find out it was just a bad fan clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
              When you towed before was it as hot out side?

Did you hear your fan kick in and if it did did you see a difference in temp?

Do you have a oil and trans cooler? You should have a trans but not sure if the still put the oil cooler on

ours sometimes would get that hot but the fan would kick into hog gear and bring it back down quick.....that is after we fixed it.....We replaced the entire cooling system just to find out it was just a bad fan clutch.
              This is the first time that I towed with the Denali

The engine temp was not an issue it never broke 210

It has a tranny cooler, i'm not sure on the oil cooler, but the engine didn't seem to have problem with overheating.

Comment

Working...
              X