Bye Bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye

Ok guys Im leaving for the Canadian Boundary Waters tomorrow (6/30/07-7/9/07) bright n early 6:00am It will be a 12 day trip roungly 9 days on water and the outfitter says we will be 3 days away from medical attn. at all times on the water becuase there are no phones or radios or communication devices allowed and it is a wilderness area(meaning no planes can fly or be flown over area) So were SOL if somthing happens. He also says we'll be 6 days away from paved roads. We will go through miles of the great lakes and about 16 portages( longest one is 7/8's of a mile.
    The upsides to this trip is it's suppose to be a great experance and tons of fun, and its only around 800 bucks with my boy scout troop, 362 the oldest troop west of the mississippi(1929).
    The down sides are I'm going to miss 4th of july, tigeowners and something i cannot think of

But sounds like a great time I'll try and take post some pics, guys get some 4th of july pics and post 'em up while I'm gone too

Im going to leave you with this pic.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wannabewakeboarder; 06-30-2007, 07:31 AM.
    The sun never sets on a badass

Oh...cannot forget my Girl friend, thats the other thing that I'm gonna miss.

Comment

sounds like fun. Have a great time

Comment

have fun, don't get eated by the HUGE bugs up there!
        Originally posted by G-MONEY
        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Sorry guys will post up pics later, going back outta town, I think I'm headed down to LOZ(lake of ozarks) for the midwest summer fest wakeboard comp.

Comment

Well I got back back in town last nite so here are the pics that I took. I ran out of memory so I had to use internal memory which holds like 15 pics and thats all I got

1 frist day, leaving "Mudro" to our frist lake
            2 Tin can mike lake lake in the wee hours
            3 another
            4 leaving tin can mike a little later/lighter
            5 basswood falls water fall
            Attached Files
            Last edited by wannabewakeboarder; 07-17-2007, 05:16 AM.

Comment

More
              1 another waterfall shot from closer
              2 our nite in canada
              3 butter in canada
              4 That little peg Erics foot is on is the canadian border
              5 leaving canada, by a bluff
              Attached Files
              Last edited by wannabewakeboarder; 07-17-2007, 05:22 AM.

Comment

More
                1 Pop's with a smally, great fishing up there
                2 getting fire wood from a tree haning over crooked lake
                3 bobby was getting his life saved by mikey because he almost fell out of that tree
                4 another smally
                5 4A.M. on the way back to St.louis
                Attached Files
                Last edited by wannabewakeboarder; 07-17-2007, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                  have fun, don't get eated by the HUGE bugs up there!

I'll second that

Comment

Looks like an awesome trip, may have to look into that. How were the sketers this time of year.

Our troop is hitting the AT in 2 weeks for 50 miles. Cant wait, this is a stretch I have not done yet.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Interesting pictures. Thanks for sharing. Just wish we could ride on the butter.

Comment

Get those pics out of here. Pics of wakeboarding only unless it contains bam bam. haha jk Those are nice
                        Everything happens for a reason
                        I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

^^^^^ I see you joined the bam bam avatar club
                          Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                            Looks like an awesome trip, may have to look into that. How were the sketers this time of year.

Our troop is hitting the AT in 2 weeks for 50 miles. Cant wait, this is a stretch I have not done yet.
                            What is AT?

The skeeters, well bugs that bite or itch where really bad (always are)

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                            Interesting pictures. Thanks for sharing. Just wish we could ride on the butter.
                            Yea, I know what ya mean. It was glass mostly the whole trip except for in thursday and friday bays, the crew who went in '05 said they had white caps but it was just really choppy for us.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
                              What is The AT?

The skeeters, well bugs that bite or itch where really bad (always are)

The A/T; nick mane for a 2160 mile footpath that stretches along the Appalachain Mountains from Springer Mtn GA to Mt Katahdin MA called the Appalachain Trail
                              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                              X