Um, stupid is as stupid does

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, stupid is as stupid does

Why would you really even reach for a golf ball in this situation?

VENICE, Florida (AP) -- A man who lost his ball in a golf course pond nearly lost a limb when a nearly 11-foot alligator latched on to his arm and pulled him in the water, authorities said.

Bruce Burger, 50, was trying to retrieve his ball Monday from a pond on the sixth hole at the Lake Venice Golf Club.

The alligator latched on to Burger's right forearm and pulled him in the pond, said Gary Morse, a spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Burger used his left arm to beat the reptile until it freed him.

"I saw him reach down to get his ball and he yelled" for help, said Janet Pallo, who was playing the fifth hole and ran over to drive the man to the clubhouse.

Burger, from Lenoir City, Tennessee, was taken to a hospital but was not seriously injured, Morse said Tuesday.

It took seven Fish and Wildlife officers an hour to trap the one-eyed alligator, which measured 10 feet, 11 inches, Morse said.

The pond at the sixth hole has a "Beware of Alligator" sign.

"Unfortunately, that's part of Florida," course general manager Rod Parry said. "There's wildlife in these ponds."
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

I read that on CNN.com this morning. I find it funny that they had to mention that "There's wildlife in these ponds" in the middle of Florida where there is a huge alligator population.

Comment

A friend of mine moved there and his kids refused to get in the water...he didn't hang on to his Tige 23v for too long.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

yeah i think it's freaking hilarious!! Leave the freaking golf ball!!

Comment

i would have no problem boarding, but just wouldn't be sticking my arm into golf lakes. Doesn't chptril board in gator waters all the time? or is it spharis?

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
            A friend of mine moved there and his kids refused to get in the water...he didn't hang on to his Tige 23v for too long.
            From my understanding and definitely NOT first hand, but I also know there are a few members on here that already "swim with the alligators"!!!!!! But, I guess you have to sell it if you aren't going to play with it. One less bill that you have to pay in the long run.

Comment

very true da.bell

Comment

I think it is SP....

Comment

yeah it is. I just checked his bio

Comment

So did I..... he he he

Comment

".....Wildlife officers an hour to trap the one-eyed alligator"

Was it the alligator from Happy Gilmore????
                      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

it was it was!!

Comment

Can you see it????????????

I know I saw it eat my golf ball
                          Attached Files
                          Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

ha ha ha, that's a nice one!!!

Comment

I see some nice boots in that there alligator hides...... Yeeeeee Haw!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X