Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone here w/ an 07-08 escalade or Denali?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone here w/ an 07-08 escalade or Denali?

Well like I said... anyone here w/ an Escalade or Denali w/ the 6.2L? What kind of mileage you getting unloaded and while towing?
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

I've got an 07 Denali and I get about 13 around town. Haven't towed with it yet, since my RZ4 keeps getting delayed.
    Temporarily not a TO, but not gone forever... RID22 (Formerly K***k'n Futs!)

Comment

Is that a classic model or new body style w/ the 6.2? Thanks
      Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

I have the 07 Denali and get only 12mpg around town and 16 on the open road. I haven't towed with mine yet. The 07 has the new body style and the 6.2l and 6 speed trany.

Comment

Doesn't the fuel ecomnomy get hurt on those due to the full time AWD? I think a standard Yukon might get better MPG's since it is 2WD most of the time. I have been wondering what folks have seen for performance/mpg's on the Flex fuel Yukons???

Comment

Originally posted by 22Veee View Post
            I have been wondering what folks have seen for performance/mpg's on the Flex fuel Yukons???
            same as non flex fuel. it's just an alternative fuel. it doesn't offer enhanced gas mileage potential...it doesn't hurt it either.

Comment

Originally posted by TXST8tj View Post
              same as non flex fuel. it's just an alternative fuel. it doesn't offer enhanced gas mileage potential...it doesn't hurt it either.
              I had it confused with the variable displacment option...where it shuts down a couple cylinders under light load use.

Comment

from what i have read (no personal experience here), it is supposed to bring you to the 20-22 mpg hwy range, but i could be mistaken on that one.

Comment

Your thinking of the Active Fuel Management.

It's not available on the HO 6.2L motors.

Comment

Tanner, I have the new body Denali with the 6.2L. The 6 speed is awesome, I can go over 90mph and still be under 2700 RPM's. I put some 24in KMC wheels on it and it looks really nice. The seats are really comfortable on long drives, GM did a great job this time. I've owned everything, Cayennes, Hummers, BMW's, Audi's and none of them are as comfortable as the new Denali's. My boat just came in today so I'll let you know how it tows this weekend. No pics of the truck and boat combo yet. I won't be posting any pics until everything is done on the boat.

Comment

Greatly appreciate the info!

I was looking at a Diesel and had even paid to have it lifted while the dealer had it before my truck got stolen.

Worked out a deal w/ the dealer and he sold it already... Heck he got some guy to pay $10K more for the lift, tires, and wheels. He split the profit w/ me and so everything is good now.

My truck is supposed to be back this week, but in the mean time the Sierra Denali has caught my eye, since I can get an 08' now. All black w/ Black Leather .... just a bit more refined than the Diesel I was looking at .

I was just a bit worried about the gas mileage towing. I can live w/ 9-10 my Ford gets now, but much less than that and I'd have to pass.

Now I just gotta find a way to lift the AWD truck w/o vibration problems at highway speeds.

I look forward to your report!

Comment

Tanner, I towed my RZ4 with the Denali. It was definitely adequate. The tow haul mode was really helpful. It will down shift for you under breaking and the six speed didn't shift too often. Denver has tons of hills and it pulled well up all of them. It obviously doesn't pull as hard as a diesel, but it was an awesome second choice. I personally couldn't stand driving an F-250 diesel around town. I always walk out in the morning and choose to drive the Denali over my BMW 545. Seriously, it's that comfortable and nice to drive.

Comment

If you haven't bought the car yet, i would definitely go with a 4.1 ratio on the rear axle. It makes a HUGE difference in towing.

Comment

Working...
                          X