European Delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European Delivery

So it's that time in my life to purchase a new vehicle. With the gas prices projecting to hit $4 a gallon here on the left coast we are considering a more economical car. My wife is in love with the Audi A4 and I'm more partial to the Saab 9-5 Aero....Saab turbo's are unmatched IMHO. We are also coming up on our 10 year anniversary and my wife is wanting to go back to Italy for our anniversary.....so.....doing a little research I found that you can pick your car up in Germany/Sweden, use it for 15 days, and ship it back to the States. Saves you about 5-7% on MSRP plus Saab gives you a 2-1 plane ticket and $2k travel cash. One night lodging, free shipping, meal, tour of factory, and 15 days insurance in Europe. This seems like the way to do it!

Has anyone picked up their car at the factory? Any tips or advice? I'd love to kill two birds with one stone and save money on the car, negate rental car, give the woman her Europe trip, and cruise the Autobahn in my OWN car.
    Attached Files

Sounds like you got it all figured out. I wonder what BMW can do?
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

My parents did this years ago, although the programs back then were less generous. Recently, another executive at our company did this with his BMW and loved the experience.

BTW, I'd go with the Audi. We've had several people get Audis here at our company and they're much nicer and have better quality than Saab. Dealer will also play a role in getting the car serviced, so I'd check around some to see what your friends say.

My CEO has an Audi RS6...he can get whatever he wants and he says it's the best car he's ever owned. Go with the RS4, if you can swing it. You won't be sorry!
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
        Sounds like you got it all figured out. I wonder what BMW can do?
        No I don't have it figured out, just getting started!!

BMW will do the same, plus they have some track that you can drive on, so that's cool. My only problem with BMW is that EVERYONE around here drives BMW's,and as cool as they are, I'm getting a bit sick of seeing them.

Comment

Well, Saab is not even in the same class as BMW or Audi, especially now that they're part of GM.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
            My parents did this years ago, although the programs back then were less generous. Recently, another executive at our company did this with his BMW and loved the experience.

BTW, I'd go with the Audi. We've had several people get Audis here at our company and they're much nicer and have better quality than Saab. Dealer will also play a role in getting the car serviced, so I'd check around some to see what your friends say.

My CEO has an Audi RS6...he can get whatever he wants and he says it's the best car he's ever owned. Go with the RS4, if you can swing it. You won't be sorry!
            Dog,
            Thanks for the input. Did you parent's enjoy the experience, or was it a hassle. I guess I'm afraid that I have something built up in my head that will be cool, only to be let down when I get over there and have it be more of a headache than a vacation.

And no I probably cannot swing the RS4......*sighs*

Comment

Well, Saab is not even in the same class as BMW or Audi, especially now that they're part of GM.
              I couldn't disagree more Dog. Go test drive a 9-5 Aero, there is no turbo like the Saab turbo. Fit and finish is maybe not as nice as the Audi, but it is no GM car.

Comment

Sparky,

I've heard no bad experiences with this type of delivery, only good. It does require planning, but that's about it.
                As for Saab, I agree about the turbo, but my comments were about fit/finish. I'd go with the Audi. It's a very solid car and you can get the turbo there also.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky216 View Post
                  No I don't have it figured out, just getting started!!

BMW will do the same, plus they have some track that you can drive on, so that's cool. My only problem with BMW is that EVERYONE around here drives BMW's,and as cool as they are, I'm getting a bit sick of seeing them.
                  Some Track?! Dude that's the Nuremburgring. It ain't just "some track".

Man, I think I'm gonna plan this. The wife really wants the 325xi and I would kill to drive the Nurembergring.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Man, I think I'm gonna plan this. The wife really wants the 325xi and I would kill to drive the Nurembergring.
                    I'll meet ya at the Hofbrauhaus for a liter, then we can race....Audi vs BMW...sound like a plan??!!

here is the link for the BMW European Delivery:

http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/europeandelivery/

Comment

oh yea....Nuremburgring.....whatever hehe

Comment

Just thinking....maybe I'll call Audi and BMW and try to work a group purchase...haha...then we all can meet in Germany to pick up our rides

Comment

Really, it's only like one of the most famous tracks in the world and has enormous historical signficance. That's where all the fast sports cars earn their stripes...

Comment

still pretty dang good.

Comment

What did they say about bringing it up to US emission standards before it will pass through US customs? Or is it a US bound model that you are buying direct?
                              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                              X