Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Prices

Is everyone else seeing a huge increase in gas over the last 2 wks

Saturday morning 2 weeks ago I filled up for $2.17. We had been pretty steady for a few months. Since then it has jumped up $ .28 over the next 2 weeks. It has actualy leveled off since the market "corrected"

Don't know if the oil Co's are getting ready for Spring Break/Easter ?

What's your thoughts?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

I read where .60 of every gallon you buy is due to the government's mishandling of the ethanol additive ambitions. We are paying the price, even though most of us aren't buying it. Add the taxes and surcharges on top of that and it is back to 1990's pricing. I also read where Exxon defended it's billions in earnings with smart business decisions. They earn .38 on every dollar spent. I get sick of the big oil numbers as well, but I'd rather be paying that than the rediculous insurance premiums. That's where attention needs to be directed big time. 2.45 a gallon doesnt bother me as much as $900/month health insurance (including the co's group portion). One big issue is that the media would have you believe oil is in short stock, but it isn't.......ask anyone in the drilling and development fields. We are just burning up all the other countries stuff first, and holding ours until it's necessary to use it. Right now the big move is deep water Gulf drilling. we are going WAAAAAAAYYYYYY out into the GOM to beat the other countries to what's there. Cuba is letting other countries in to drill off its coast, and we only own 15 miles out. There are Spanish and French platforms within 20 miles of South Florida's coastline. I know a guy that does seismic surveying, and he just got back from Uzbekistan or somewhere nearby.....he said they have more solid testing there than he has seen since he started. Huge reserves underground, just no way to get it out yet (infastructure and unstable gov't). One huge hurdle is refineries. We don't have enough to handle the capacity that could be drilled. I think they should build a bunch right over the Mexican border, and run them there with no restrictions from the gov't at next to nothing in cost.

The dollar right now is backed by oil, and the dollar is the international exchange. Don't think for a minute that big business is going to let anything change to jeopardize the dollar not being the international currency.
    Last edited by spharis; 03-05-2007, 01:57 PM.
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Out in so cal I'm seeing gas go up at least .10 a week for the past few weeks now. We are on the verge of breaking $3.00, just in time for spring. I bet this summer we'll hit $4.00. I can't wait to see mt gas bill getting only 9 MPG and the river only 270 or so miles away. O well the price we pay to have fun!!!!!
      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
        Out in so cal I'm seeing gas go up at least .10 a week for the past few weeks now. We are on the verge of breaking $3.00, just in time for spring. I bet this summer we'll hit $4.00. I can't wait to see mt gas bill getting only 9 MPG and the river only 270 or so miles away. O well the price we pay to have fun!!!!!
        That's when I am glad to have five boat ramps within 10 miles of my house.

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
          9 MPG and the river only 270 or so miles away.
          Do you mean 9mpg while towing or all the time? What are you towing with?
          "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
          "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
            Do you mean 9mpg while towing or all the time? What are you towing with?

While towing.....99 Yukon 4X4
            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              Is everyone else seeing a huge increase in gas over the last 2 wks

Saturday morning 2 weeks ago I filled up for $2.17. We had been pretty steady for a few months. Since then it has jumped up $ .28 over the next 2 weeks. It has actualy leveled off since the market "corrected"

Don't know if the oil Co's are getting ready for Spring Break/Easter ?

What's your thoughts?
              Gas out here never went down to $2.17 a gallon, so I'm a bit numb to the gas price's.
              At what price will it start effecting your boating?
              I will say if it hits $4.00 a gallon I will have to rethink my boating trips this year. We do a lot of traveling with our boat and at $4, my tow fuel and boat fuel will cost as much as a trip to Disneyland or Hawaii!!

Comment

one more item....the gov't acually loves it when prices are high. you pay more sales tax.....do you really think they want it to go down?

Comment

Everyone here knows about the "off Road Use" gas rebate, correct?

Check and see if your states refund your Road use tax for gas used in Boats, tractors, lawn mowers, anything that is not a road vehicle.
                  "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
                    Everyone here knows about the "off Road Use" gas rebate, correct?

Check and see if your states refund your Road use tax for gas used in Boats, tractors, lawn mowers, anything that is not a road vehicle.
                    I found nothing, except the usual Hybrid/Biodiesel rebate.

Do you have a link handy?

Comment

I've tried looking that up, I'm going to call my accountant and see if they have been holding out on me.

Comment

It's a state tax thing, looks like most of you are out of luck, but here you go:

http://www.americanboating.org/fueltax.asp
                        "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

We are screwed here in So Cal. It was almost $2.70 for 87 on Friday. My truck gets about 8 MPG around town and 12 on long trips. I am like G-money where the river is 250 miles away. On the water the gas is $4.10 last year so this year I am expecting it to be about $4.40. Good thing I can get gas in AZ and pay about $1.00 less per gallon.
                          Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

Yep. Gas just cracked the $3 a gallon price a few days ago...already up 20 cents from that. I bet we see $4 this summer.

Mike
                            Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
                              My truck gets about 8 MPG around town and 12 on long trips.
                              What kind of monster truck do you drive? My 8.1L Suburban has been averaging 12 in the city.
                              "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                              "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Working...
                              X