Grand Targhee Skiing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Targhee Skiing

Just got back from our annual trip to Grand Targhee. It was a pleasant -7 at the top of the lift on the sunny first day. Actually it wasn't that bad as long as all of your skin was covered. We go up there with about 20 families each year. It is a great resort for skiing and a great resort for kids as well. They have a dedicated lift just for kids and excellent instructors. The last day, we got about 9 inches of new powder. There were these "snow devils" - swirling snow that caught the sun.
    Attached Files

Nice pics, I am sure you-all had a blast. My wife and I were in Jackson Hole 12/29-1/7 and had planned to make the drive up to Targhee but we ended up getting fresh snow everyday from Tuesday on and didn't want to get stuck if Teton Pass closed.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnsmith View Post
      Nice pics, I am sure you-all had a blast. My wife and I were in Jackson Hole 12/29-1/7 and had planned to make the drive up to Targhee but we ended up getting fresh snow everyday from Tuesday on and didn't want to get stuck if Teton Pass closed.
      Was it cold for you during that week? We had a cold first day, but the rest of the days were in the high 20s. I have never skiied Jackson, I would like to do it someday. We had a good storm on the last day

Comment

Post card pics Moki I'm sure you had great time.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Moki, it was quite cold, the first couple days had some nice inversion going on. On Friday and Saturday the wind picked up and windchill at the top was in the negatives. The snow just kept coming at the end of the week so it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Post card pics Moki I'm sure you had great time.
            Thanks man, I knew you would enjoy the shot with the Tetons in the background -- something to keep your Tetonic dream alive!

Comment

Originally posted by mtnsmith View Post
              Moki, it was quite cold, the first couple days had some nice inversion going on. On Friday and Saturday the wind picked up and windchill at the top was in the negatives. The snow just kept coming at the end of the week so it was great.
              We're stuck in one of those da** inversions right now. It never gets above freezing and the pollution gets locked in!

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
                We're stuck in one of those da** inversions right now. It never gets above freezing and the pollution gets locked in!
                Know those well living in California!
                "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Working...
                X