New Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Monitor

We had quite the snow storm today and thought it was a good day to do some much needed "man shopping". Picked up the usual stuff, new jeans, workout shirt, but I decided to buy a new monitor for my home office. ViewSonic 22" to be exact. Had a Dell 17" flat panel and thought I would love the bigger one, cause bigger is always better right? Well I hate it, don't know if any of you have the same issues with the bigger monitor but at some point the monitor is just TOO BIG. Anyone with a 22+ monitor have same prob, or did you get used to it? This is pissing me off....cause I want to love it SOOOO BAD
    Attached Files

Originally posted by sparky216 View Post
    Well I hate it, don't know if any of you have the same issues with the bigger monitor but at some point the monitor is just TOO BIG. Anyone with a 22+ monitor have same prob, or did you get used to it? This is pissing me off....cause I want to love it SOOOO BAD
    There is no such thing as a monitor too big! I have a 23 or 24 inch CRT at my office along with another LCD 22inch and I still want more room.

What resolution are you running? On my CRT I run 1600x1200 and on my LCD I run 1280x1024.

View Sonics are some of the best monitors, IMO. I have a CRT View Sonic at home and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
      There is no such thing as a monitor too big! I have a 23 or 24 inch CRT at my office along with another LCD 22inch and I still want more room.

What resolution are you running? On my CRT I run 1600x1200 and on my LCD I run 1280x1024.

View Sonics are some of the best monitors, IMO. I have a CRT View Sonic at home and love it.
      I'm running 1680x1050, and Matt I hear you, I want to love it! Just hurt my eyes trying to read thing on this monitor, everything is so spread out....maybe it takes time to get used to it

Comment

You may just need to get used to it. Also, one thing I use is windows that are minimized and not maximized like you have in your screen. For me its easier to read and you effectively utilize why you would want a larger monitor....for more windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
          You may just need to get used to it. Also, one thing I use is windows that are minimized and not maximized like you have in your screen. For me its easier to read and you effectively utilize why you would want a larger monitor....for more windows.
          DUDE THAT'S IT!!!!! Way better minimized!! Your my hero for the day...THANKS!!
          Why I never thought of that is beyond me????

Comment

Cool, no problem.

Comment

try to back up a bit too, you have that moniter pretty close to the keyboard.

I have a 19 inch at work, and a 24 widescreen at home. Although since I set up my wireless network, I use my notebook more than anything.

Man I love wireless. No more books in the room of much stinky stinky, I take my smart phone and surf the internet in there too.
              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
                No more books in the room of much stinky stinky

Priceless.
                "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post

Man I love wireless. No more books in the room of much stinky stinky, I take my smart phone and surf the internet in there too.
                  LOL, If only I had a "pull out tray" like on an airplane.

"Ladys and Gents, please return you trays to thier stowed position as we are on final approach for flush"
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                  X