yeah, but what does it mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, but what does it mean?

Does anyone know what "Tige" means or where that word comes from? I always thought it was a little odd that a Texas boat manufacturer had such a European-sounding name. Nothing against Europe, of course. A Yahoo search came up with insects, flowers, winged tigers (?!), quiche, and boats.

Anyone?
    We have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us.

I don't know where the word came from but it was the nick name of the owner when he was young.

Comment

the story was on the old site. basically, as a boy, charly pigeon was called "Tiger" and for simplicity, laziness, or whatever, most people just said "Tiga". In looking for a name that would stick out and be different, he made it "Tige" but pronounced it "Tiga" or at least that is what the story on the site said. I think the funnest part is when people read it on the boat not knowing and try to pronounce it. That or when non-Tige owners try to tell you that your pronunciation is incorrect. just makes me smile. 2 years ago at our dealers Tige party a guy on the doc came us to us and asked why there were so many "Tegeee's" at the lake. That kept me smiling all day.

Comment

thanks for the info. good thing his nickname wasn't "bayliner".
        We have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us.

Comment

Working...
        X