River / Lake Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River / Lake Games

What games do you play when you beach the boat?

We play 2 games but I have seen many others.

Our Number 1 Game is Washers. The game uses 1 inch washers (hole in the center is 1 inch) and 2- 2x2 boxes with a lip on the back with a hole in the center. The top of each box is covered with Astroturf stuff. The boxes are connected by a 15 ft rope. 3 throws for each person. In the hole 3, on top 1 pt, over the hole but not in 2 pts. Only one team scores each round. washers in the hole over ride any lower point throw. game to 21. If I can find a pic or two I will post them.

Another favorite is ladder golf. here is the web site if you aren't into making your own game. www.laddergolf.com

We use to play horseshoes but found the washers were safer with kids walking around vs the horseshoes.

When we are at the sandbar we will bring some bochie balls (sp) the water is about 2 ft deep so it is harder to play the other games with out moving way up onto the area that is dry, but then we have to carry a cooler with the beer (to much work for our lazy butts). The bochie ball is great in the shallow water because we can see them and the water can great some different challenges.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Coach View Post
    What games do you play when you beach the boat?

We play 2 games but I have seen many others.

Our Number 1 Game is Washers. The game uses 1 inch washers (hole in the center is 1 inch) and 2- 2x2 boxes with a lip on the back with a hole in the center. The top of each box is covered with Astroturf stuff. The boxes are connected by a 15 ft rope. 3 throws for each person. In the hole 3, on top 1 pt, over the hole but not in 2 pts. Only one team scores each round. washers in the hole over ride any lower point throw. game to 21. If I can find a pic or two I will post them.

Another favorite is ladder golf. here is the web site if you aren't into making your own game. www.laddergolf.com

We use to play horseshoes but found the washers were safer with kids walking around vs the horseshoes.

When we are at the sandbar we will bring some bochie balls (sp) the water is about 2 ft deep so it is harder to play the other games with out moving way up onto the area that is dry, but then we have to carry a cooler with the beer (to much work for our lazy butts). The bochie ball is great in the shallow water because we can see them and the water can great some different challenges.

Were all into Ladder Golf....and Bocce Ball....flip cup for the evening

Comment

We stick to the classics...football, soccerball, frisbee, paddle ball, "pass me another beer" toss. That ladder golf looks kinda fun though, do the balls float by chance??? We often play in the water as well and endup swimming for the missed pass more often than not.

Comment

The game that we always seem to end up playing is "immaculate reception". It works like this. One person throws a football to another player who is required to dive for the ball. We usually have the passer in the water, with the receiver jumping off the Tige, or off the top of the houseboat. Points are scored for catching the ball, then on a scale of 1-5 for difficulty of the catch/style points. Faceplants usually score high points!.

Another one we play a lot is "boogie board rodeo" . I have an old boogie board that we lay just off the swim platform in the water. The object is to run across the swim platform and onto the boogie board. Points are all based on style or how long you stayed on the board. This one is great when we add "dismount points"
        "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

We keep a football on the boat to toss around at the sandbar. We've played bocce and volly ball when we stay at a freinds lake house. The kids have also set up a homemade slip-n-slide at the lake house, it has a nice slope into the water with a great sandy beach.

That ladder golf looks cool, I would love to see pics of that 'washer' game.

Bocce in the water the one with the most balls left wins
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by mtnsmith View Post
            We stick to the classics...football, soccerball, frisbee, paddle ball, "pass me another beer" toss. That ladder golf looks kinda fun though, do the balls float by chance??? We often play in the water as well and endup swimming for the missed pass more often than not.
            They do sink

Kids favorite game is get me a silver one game (only sucks when they come back with a diet coke)
            Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Those look like great games. It looks like you could easily make a ladder, of your own, for the golf.

We never have times for any games. We are always towing one of us.

We do stop for lunch, on the swim step.
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

We play land and water Frisbee golf down at Lake Powell, where you create your own hazards such as throwing the frisbee across the water to an island or the other shore. We also will stop and buy remote control airplanes on the way down and fly them around the canyons.

Comment

Coach, we play the washer game but a little different we have a little longer board with three holes 1 hole is 1 point 2hole is 3 points 3 hole is 5 points second man on can elemenate points by sinking on top. thats cool that people have different ways of the game washers.

Comment

Originally posted by larryueckert View Post
                    Coach, we play the washer game but a little different we have a little longer board with three holes 1 hole is 1 point 2hole is 3 points 3 hole is 5 points second man on can elemenate points by sinking on top. thats cool that people have different ways of the game washers.
                    We have played that version as well. I think both games came from bean bag games.
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

we play a lot of water sports ,the first game we play is we pull any where from 3 to 5 kneeboarders off of the tower and have kneeboard fights until were down to 2 riders and then start all over again with hot pickups, this goes on for about 45 minutes, next we play the boat driver challenge, again we start with 3 to 5 kneeboarders all shoulder to shoulder and the drivers job is to make us fall , the driver makes high speed whips and turns while we are all fighting for an inside the wake position , and are last event is riding are kneeboards in what we call butt boarding , we all take off sitting on are boards legs over the front and basically fight each other until there is only one left.

Comment

we play a game called baggo check it out its fun!! baggo.com

Comment

Working...
                        X