BYU in Old School Uni's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BYU in Old School Uni's

I see that a bunch of Utah guys are on the boards. What do you think of the Old school uni's on against those brutal Oregon Uni's? Those are the sickest helmets I have ever seen. I am a huge fan of Bronco Mendenhal. I want to visit BYU and meet with him in the off season. He does a great job with lesser talent than most coaches.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Those Oregon uniforms kind of looked like a cross between a softball uniform and motocross gear.

BYU burned their fancy uniforms that they had several years ago and returned to their roots both in their style of play and uniform. So, I am a big fan of the "old school" uniform. I was going there when they won the national championship -- that will never happen again with BCS system.

It is strange that when Crowton was head coach, he had more talented individual players, but they couldn't win as a team. BYU has a tough job of recruiting because of the honor code that says you can't do things like drink any alcohol and no pre-marital sex. Contrary to popular belief, I had a lot of fun going there.

BYU recruits a lot of players out California. Curtis Brown is a perfect example of what your describing. He wasn't heavily recruited at all by any of the other colleges, and he has turned into an amazing running back.

Let me know if you come out, we'll either go wakeboarding or snow skiing depending on the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
      Those Oregon uniforms kind of looked like a cross between a softball uniform and motocross gear.

BYU burned their fancy uniforms that they had several years ago and returned to their roots both in their style of play and uniform. So, I am a big fan of the "old school" uniform. I was going there when they won the national championship -- that will never happen again with BCS system.

It is strange that when Crowton was head coach, he had more talented individual players, but they couldn't win as a team. BYU has a tough job of recruiting because of the honor code that says you can't do things like drink any alcohol and no pre-marital sex. Contrary to popular belief, I had a lot of fun going there.

BYU recruits a lot of players out California. Curtis Brown is a perfect example of what your describing. He wasn't heavily recruited at all by any of the other colleges, and he has turned into an amazing running back.

Let me know if you come out, we'll either go wakeboarding or snow skiing depending on the season.
      If Utah and Boise St can get into the BCS so can BYU. It will just be harder for a school like BYU to get into the top 1 or 2 unless they schedule some very good opponents outside of league play.

I am going to make some more inquires about coming up to BYU for a few days in the spring. I like to visit programs when they are in spring ball so I can watch practices and talk with coaches.

Nice *** Whooping they put on the Ducks. I didn't see that coming
      Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
        If Utah and Boise St can get into the BCS so can BYU. It will just be harder for a school like BYU to get into the top 1 or 2 unless they schedule some very good opponents outside of league play.

I am going to make some more inquires about coming up to BYU for a few days in the spring. I like to visit programs when they are in spring ball so I can watch practices and talk with coaches.

Nice *** Whooping they put on the Ducks. I didn't see that coming
        BYU did make it into the BCS Cotton Bowl a few years ago when they were ranked 5th. But that's what I mean is that a team like BYU or Boise will never be able to win the National title. Will these schools ever produce a team that is truly number one in the nation is debatable, but I like the idea that any team has a chance.

Comment

Working...
        X