Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let Camping World & Gander Outdoors Fly The American Flag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let Camping World & Gander Outdoors Fly The American Flag!

Not sure why there is an issue about flying our countries flag in NC, but I signed the petition.

https://www.change.org/p/city-of-sta...&scpc=FR064993
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

if you read the whole story outside the agenda-driven website posted, gander bought and has chosen to fly a flag larger than the city ordinance. not sure why the city has such an ordinance but knowing how loud large flags can be in the wind guessing it was to ensure no one flies one in a residential area which, quite frankly, would piss me off if it was next door to my house. they can get quite noisy in a slight breeze.

I'd support them had they chosen to either follow the city codes or worked to get them changed first but no sympathy for any business that chooses to circumvent city codes no matter what they are choosing to do. bottom line it's illegal. if they let gander do it they are setting precedent for your neighbor to do it.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/21/n...american-flag/
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
      guessing it was to ensure no one flies one in a residential area which, quite frankly, would piss me off if it was next door to my house. they can get quite noisy in a slight breeze.
      I respect your approach of digging deeper and not accepting everything at face value. I wonder though what city is zoning such a large building next to a residential area? Additionally, I would hope the company is taking their flag down at sunset daily, and raising it at 08:00. The noise caused by the flag during daylight hours couldn’t be loud enough to cause an issue during those hours, could it? As far as the city ordnance, do we know if Gander tried to address it through those means before taking this approach? I am not challenging anything your saying Scott, just asking more questions in response to your questions.

Comment

Working...
      X