What do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do?

I am curious to know what some of the members on here do as a profession. I have only met a handful of the members on here but would like to know where everyone spends the majority of there day.

For myself I am a Sr. Graphic Designer and web developer for a company that does self managed hosting along with a few web applications/products. I have been with the same company for almost 5 years and was one of the few that brought this company from start up to a real profit making business. I love what I do so its easy for me to come to work (at least most of the time!).

So, what do you do for a living? And do you work there because you love what you do or because it pays the bills?

I mostly just post on internet BB's

I am a Title Officer for the family Title and Escrow company.

I'm also the IT department for the company.

I'm involved in a few side businesses as well, mostly for fun..and a little profit.

I do it for the Money, I can't really seem to find something that I would like to do more, that carries such good benefits.

I would like to find a way to use my college degree in Biology though, always loved Science.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

I'm a Senior Field Engineer for a company based in Irvine, CA. I've been doing this for 7 yrs now and work either out of my home office or out of a hotel room. My wife manages her dad's vet clinic here in Oregon and just finished her masters and off to med school this year. My job allows my wife to pursue her passion, and pay the bills. I don't dislike my job but by no means is it a passion, long hours and lot's of travel tend to make me want to find a new career once my wife realizes her potential.
      Last edited by sparky216; 11-16-2006, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I dispatch trucks to move construction equipment around town. We have 20 trucks, and all size of trailers. We are the ones who are moving big dozers, taking up 3 lanes of traffic, slowing everyone up. I work 70 hrs a week. We are very busy here in Las Vegas with all the construction. My wife is a elementary school P.E. teacher. I'm 25, she is 23, Lovin Life!

Comment

I work in insurance claims....specializing in boats, m/c, rv. It can be real fun and my job focus's around toys. It is also real hard to be near water on glassy days and have to work and not ride.
          My mistress is sitting in storage winterized begging for use, but just havent given her the attention she and I need. Next Year.
          -Matt is you drysuit still good. Call me about riding sometime soon.

Comment

Project Designer at a packaging machine manufacturer. I design machines to put little boxes into bigger boxes!

Also, I am a coach of the local snowboard team.

My wife patiently waits for me to come home each afternoon!

Comment

I repair Blow up dolls!!!
              The work is long and hard ....but very rewarding in the end.

Seriously I work for a Telecommunications company that creates and distribute prepaid phone and cellular products.

Comment

I'm the Operations Manager for a city of 10,000 people in Oregon. I manage the water, sewer, storm drain, streets, fleet, parks and facilities. Been at it 21 years, same place. My wife also works at a city next to us. She's a meter reader for the water & electric utility. We both like what we're doing,,, wish we could boat all day long, everyday. We have 3 sons, 21, 23 & 24. They love us (or is it the Tige"?)

Mark

ps. my user name jilly is my wife's nickname. Need something different. She hates that I used her name.

Comment

Street maintenance for a city in the northwest.

My work place is like being in a never ending high school.

We're all a bunch of jokers and clowns.
                  Formertigeowners.com
                  I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

Im an Electrician and work mainly in the Los Angeles area.

Comment

Im a coal miner (open pit) I am an equipment operator dozers, graders, loaders etc. and sometimes driving the big trucks (310 tons)

Comment

Roofing Contractor. Been doing it since I was a kid with my Dad.

It's supposed to be an El Nino year. 20 inches in So. Cal. It should be a busy season.
                        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I am a chiropractor, applied kinesiologist, and acupuncturist. My practice is in Overland Park, Kansas.

Comment

Professional sudent, finally graduating with a degree in urban geography in about a month. Looking to do some sort of neighborhood development/re-development as a career. Luckily I have a wonderful wife that pays the bills and supports our expensive habits(boats, BMW, motorcycle :-).

Comment

I am a paramedic and Field Training Officer for a private ambulance service in the SF Bay Area. Been with the company almost 23 years. My wife is an IT Administrator for an energy consulting firm in Oakland. I enjoy my job...it's different every day. Challenging, rewarding, and quite often depressing too. Get to see the best and worst in people. Nothing like a weekend on the water in our boat to give me strength to go back to work on Mondays.

Mike
                              Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Working...
                              X