The 50 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 50 Project

If you’re into riding snow, this is a bitchin’ series.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lvZk_B6FwXc
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

I'll be riding snow in an hour. One stick though. Not two.

Comment

Really Cool. I subscribed

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
        I'll be riding snow in an hour. One stick though. Not two.
        I’m too ride a board. I’ve had to chase my friends, who all ski, some competively, for 30+ years now. It’s certainly made me a better boarder in gnarly terrain. Also put me in some bad situations with lucky outcomes. I’m sure it was all skill now that I think about it.

How’s your winter going? Our **** is mad deep.

Comment

February has been kind to us here us well. Took Wed-Wed off thru Presidents day weekend and camped out at my favorite spot. Ullr definitely delivered!! Going to be good water year in our reservoirs out west I think.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
            How’s your winter going? Our **** is mad deep.
            We are almost at our yearly average of snow fall right now. February was crazy here! I wish I could say I am an avid rider. I’m now getting back into it. Been riding for 25 years. Got my two oldest kids in a month long snowboard school in January. It paid off big time. Though I think surfing helped as well. Last night was the first time the three of us have ridden together. It was so much fun! I hate groomed runs and that’s all we did, but it was just cool hanging out with my girls.

Comment

^^^Right on! Februburied! We went through a six week span where, of those 42 days, there was only 7 that it didn’t snow. Some places are over 600” received and more on the way. Everyday you track out the mountain, wake up and it’s totally untracked again. We are way above average. Come spring, we will be flooding. 16/17 left our ground water full. There’s nowhere for the water to go. My main lake is coming up 2” p/day and we haven’t even started melting yet. It’ll only hold 10’ more and there’s way more than that sitting up there.

Anyways, we’ve been hitting it hard this year. It’s my daughter’s (10) first year racing in the Tahoe League and my son (4) is on skis for his first full season. We go to a place called Sky Tavern. It’s owned by the city but its only for the Junior Ski Program, the largest non-profit ski and snowboard program in the country. There’s only a handful of employees. The rest of it is all volunteer parents. From the parking lot to the kitchen to the hill, it’s all parents. This is my third year of being a snowboard instructor. We teach in the morning and free ride all afternoon. My boy was approved for the chairlift last weekend. It’s the first time I’ve been able to ride with both my kids. Best season ever. https://www.skytavern.org
              Attached Files

Comment

This Texas boy is so damn jealous of you all!
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Nickypoo, great story. My younger daughter and I will hit it up again tomorrow night. The hills got hammered again this week, but it will be all tracked up by tomorrow. It's just fun to be riding with my kids. Never thought I would say that. Nothing better than watching my kids progress at anything and being successful.

Comment

The nice thing about Sky Tavern is that it is private and only open on the weekends. Whatever falls during the week is still untracked Saturday morning. It’s only like 700’ of vertical but, it’s the nicest 700’ you can imagine. Big groomers, steeps, trees, secret powder stashes. I didn’t appreciate it when I learned to ski there as a kid. As this is my 30th year snowboarding, I appreciate the hell out of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X