No Kneelers in NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Kneelers in NASCAR

Is the NFL, MLB and NBA the savior to NASCAR?

if you have followed racing long enough, you remember the days of packed stands TV numbers through the roof. Then about 10 years ago, NASCAR peaked and began to slide. It also just to happen to be about the time that NASCAR felt the need to "diversify" and go after a fan base that never has, never did and never will, be NASCAR fans. In the end, NASCAR ran off a good portion of its fan base in search of fans that dont want to be fans. Bottom line, it equaled a net loss. To prove this, look at the number of tracks that removed seats due to being empty race after race and the stands ares till not full!

So here we are to day. As a long time fan, ive been very critical of NASCAR ( the governing body not the teams and those in the biz) of their direction. i liked the statement released by NASCAR. but more so, I like the statement made by the teams, drivers and crews this weekend. Heads bowed for the invocation and standing for the colors! Their statement was not spoken or printed, it was made. Shown in an action viewed live my many.

NASCAR, If you are listening! Resist the urge to be PC and keep the political crap out of the sport and I think your lost fans will return and new ones will organically show up.

If I want politics, ill tune into C-Span or the likes. Otherwise, when I tune into sports IM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR POLITICAL VIEW OF THINGS! keep it off the field or you're off my TV. You have the right to make a statement, but you dont have the right to be heard. At the same time, the 1st Amendment protects your right to free speech but does not protect you from an opposing view in rebuttal. Sadly, thats about where we are. And to be fair, no one is obligated to read my thread and you are welcome to disagree.

Freedom of speech only works when we also protect the dissension. its not free speech if we only allow the original point of view. We are seeing this more and more in public schools and on public universities.

Tim Tebow was criticized for being open about his faith, yet the league made no attempt to support his freedom of expression, yet these kneeling assclowns are heros for disrespecting the flag.

The NFL did not allow the Cowboys to to show support for the officers killed in the line of duty by an anti-cop racist, yet these spoiled brats have the right to make a statement without fear of retaliation from the league. Their behavior is encouraged actually!

Players fined for tributes to 9/11/2001 or cancer, yet the NFL has no ballz to apply the same rules in the case of kneelers and no-showers to the anthem.

To the advertisers who run commercials during the pro games....................If im not watching the games, im not watching your ads. Next step is to stop purchasing your products. Just sayin!
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Well said Mike!
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Yes sir!!

Comment

Exactly Mike!

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

And if the camera's on the field never showed the players during the national anthem nobody at home would know they are kneeling which would also not give them the larger platform they are looking for.

Comment

^^^^^Funny too how the media never covered all the fans who were booing.

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...-with-nfl.html

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...d-by-protests/
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

And if you are going to protest (about ANYTHING), can I just ask you to please make sure your time and location fit your cause.

Comment

Mike,

I love your advice and help you provide for all of the Tige owners on here. However, by posting this you are doing to everyone on here what you are complaining that the NFL players are doing. We come to this site to learn about our boats and share ideas. If we wanted to hear someone's political beliefs we would head to those forums or stations you mentioned.

Comment

Gasoline_24. This is also a place where like minded people can come and have a conversation about there interests outside of the boating world. That’s why there’s a offtopic section

Comment

Gas,

If you did not notice, this is the "off Topic" section, which I believe is the proper place for just this type of post. I had hoped my title was clear enough as to the nature of this threads content, I apologize for its lack of warning. If I start spouting gun rights and border walls in a ballast thread, please chime in and call me out on it.

This is a hard topic to discuss, without it being completely void of some degree of politics. I did my best to not make a political statement or express a political belief. I dont see pointing out the hypocrisy of the NFL's application of rules, being political. Not liking it when someone disrespects the flag of this great nation, feels patriotic, not political. Not wanting to see this crap when I tune in for a ball game is just that, not wanting to see this crap. If you view these as political, ill respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by gasoline_24 View Post
                            Mike,

I love your advice and help you provide for all of the Tige owners on here. However, by posting this you are doing to everyone on here what you are complaining that the NFL players are doing. We come to this site to learn about our boats and share ideas. If we wanted to hear someone's political beliefs we would head to those forums or stations you mentioned.
                            And this is exactly what's wrong with all this controversy in America today - IN MY OPINION.

We, as normal civilized people, CANNOT say a word without being labeled in some way or told "this is not the place for that". And I completely disagree. Its about time that people like us start talking about this crap that is going on, doing something about it - instead of just turning away or looking the other direction. Talk about "not the place for"...all these over paid, muscle bound assclowns kneeling during the Nation Anthem, certainly should not be making political or racial (that's what it is actually) statements during a "game". For God's sake, its a game...

And just to make a point - this has gone way beyond a "political" point - and I believe that is why so many are furious (finally). These "kneelers" have crossed a line, they are disrespecting our flag and our country. This country that we love and fight for - so many people (kids, most of them 18 yr old KIDS) have GAVE THEIR LIFE for - and then these kneelers just disrespect our country and our flag...oh, it makes me angry...

I know for me and my family - I will do my best to make sure that ANYONE that kneels during a nation anthem won't get a penny from me anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                              We, as normal civilized people, CANNOT say a word without being labeled in some way or told "this is not the place for that". And I completely disagree.
                              So you're saying that people should be able to talk about anything, anywhere, at any time?

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                              Talk about "not the place for"...all these over paid, muscle bound assclowns kneeling during the Nation Anthem, certainly should not be making political or racial (that's what it is actually) statements during a "game".
                              So you're saying these football players should not make their statements during a game?

Comment

Working...
                              X