Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Carrier Referrals (Enclosed)

Good Day All,

Just based upon the title, you will all guess that this is clearly not boat related. I know that many of us boat lovers are also car lovers, so I am thinking that at lease one of you may be able to provide some info.

I am wondering if any of you have any experience with auto carriers? As the title states, I am looking for referrals for an auto carrier that offers enclosed services - even if you didn't use an enclosed service from them.
    Have you used a carrier?
    If so, which carrier and how was the overall experience?
    Would you recommend them or use them again?

We have a carrier near us that runs "limited routes" with their enclosed haulers and my pick up location is NOT on their line.

In the event you are wondering, no I do not want to transport on an open carrier - this car has a ragtop and I would rather is not be driven through a storm to potentially have it delivered with a wet/damp interior. No I cannot drive it back, not only do I not have the time in my schedule, but I am not going to hop in a 69 Air Cooler VW and trust it will make a 1200 mile journey.

I have a car waiting pick up in Duncan, SC for delivery to St. Cloud, MN
    Squareback 1.JPG

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

-Dan
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

https://www.passporttransport.com/

We have used this company to haul a Delorean from Southwest MO to Palm Beach FL. I believe all they offer is enclosed trailers. You can give them a call. We had no problems with their service.

Comment

Mmm type 3 goodness!
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thats sweet ride! Long time Dub fan, but mainly the water cooled. My parents, two sisters and a cat rode over the alps in their square back strapped to a flat bed rail car in the mid 60's. US Army shipped it states side when dad shipped out to Nam.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the referral Jeremiah. I contacted them and their pricing was in line with others that have quoted. I like that it is all their equipment and they are not brokering the work out to any "joe schmoe".

Thanks for the compliments guys. I wish I could say that I built her instead of bought her. My wife and I both like wagons, my daily is a Flex and her's is an Outback. Both of us on our second of each. I have been looking for a V8 wagon for a bit - especially after my wife showed me what Dax Shepard has done with his. When I started looking, I was reminded that my wife really wanted a beetle and that I was not supposed to think about us owning "extra" cars again since we previously had a '94 Z28 with Ts followed by a '97 Jeep Wrangler. I politely explained that the Z28 was pre-child and just didn't work well with the car seat and a dog, which is why we sold it. The Jeep was great, but I hated putting the soft top up and down so it was only driven when the weather and forecast would permit. Sadly alot of those days seemed to be when I was out of town for work. Didn't get driven so I sold it.

While searching for wagons, we stumbled upon the Type 3 Squares and my wife fell in love - there are NONE of these around us unless they are just sitting in storage. Tried to figure out if I wanted something done to drive or a project. I am not the most mechanical guy - I am fine once I am comfortable with the work, but I will over analyze anything that I haven't done before I break out tools...driver it was. She also wanted a ragtop so this is it.

Good news for me, through a forum, I was referred to a car in NY State...a 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wagon. This was originally a SC car as well, moved to NJ and then to NY. The guy that owns it currently is a "wagon nut". This appears to be a RUST FREE car. Has a few nice updates on it. My father and I are flying out next Friday to pick it up and drive it back together. I will be removing the pinstripe as soon as we get back and it will be going in for tint within a few days of getting back. The week after she will go in for a new head unit (Want satellite and nav as this will be our road trip family cruiser) and most likely add a small amp and speaker upgrades. Over the winter, I will figure out the new wheel set so that next Spring it won't be as much of a "grandpa" mobile. I figure it would be a cool vehicle to pull the Square to any shows or cruises over a few hours from home.
          1996 RMW Front Corner.jpg

You may be asking...why a Roadmaster? Here is why!
          corvette power.jpg

If anyone else happens to stumble upon this and has a referral on a carrier, please let me know. I have not yet booked.

Thanks again all.

Comment

Being Loaded up already by Passport Transport. So far so good Jeremiah!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X