Football Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football Record

Well, figuring I am a coach an am always proud of my boys I will give a weekly update and summary of our games.

We are now 2-0 and won last Friday 44-3. I run the Defense for our team and we scored 9 last week on D. On our first play on Def we hit the back caused a fumble and my LBer reovered the ball and returned it 29 yards for a score. The team we played showed up and played an entirely different offense then they did the week before. I made the adjustements and we rolled. This week we have a much better challenge ahead.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Congrats Coach, keep up the good work!

Comment

Good stuff indeed!!! Another championship season in the making!!!

Comment

I live in so. cal. What school do you coach at

Comment

Originally posted by race fan
          I live in so. cal. What school do you coach at
          Esperanza High School
          Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

We are now 3-0. We played a good team last week and were down 28-21 going into the 4th quarter. We turned it up a notch and won 42-28. We had some key turnovers and a huge 4th down stop to turn the momentum.

This week we head into one of the worst areas in LA to play an afternoon game. We play LA Jordan which is located in Watts right next to the project of Nickerson Gardens. If you know your history that is where the Watts riots started in 1964. This will be a bit of a culture shock for our boys who live in upper class of Orange County. Lucky for us Jordan is terrible. They lost to one of our league opponents 57-3 last week and it was 50-0 at half.
            Winston Churchill

Comment

The Orange County Register placed your team #5 in the county.

That is tough to do with Mater Dei and Mission Viejo as always #1 and 2.
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Congradulationd and best of luck next game

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen
                  The Orange County Register placed your team #5 in the county.

That is tough to do with Mater Dei and Mission Viejo as always #1 and 2.
                  We lost a spot and won by 29? Go figure. I would rather be ranked high at the end of the year than high at the begining
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

Do you have any students that are looking at playing at USC in the future? Weren't there some in the recent past that went on to play there?

Comment

Originally posted by LovinPowell
                      Do you have any students that are looking at playing at USC in the future? Weren't there some in the recent past that went on to play there?
                      We had a few guys in the past but none in the Pete Carroll era. Carroll was by campus twice last year to see our running back who has committed to Oregon. We have a few other D-I guys right now with offers but none at that level. We have not had a guy go on to play at a D-I program and start for about 5 years.
                      Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Coach
                        I would rather be ranked high at the end of the year than high at the begining
                        Thats good for our local San Clemente Tritons. They were ranked 9th in the same O.C. Register's media members poll.
                        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

We we are now 4-0 and won 63-21. I had my seniors who don't play and JV gus in with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Once we got up 42-0 we called off the dogs. I was a very interesting experience. The high school is surrounded by Nickerson Gardens housing project and the stadium backs up to it. At half we stayed on the field and went to the endzone nearest the projects (dumb move in hind site) and there were kids throwing rocks and batteries at us. Our cheerleadrers did a dance off at half that we watched which was better than the game. We had 7 interceptions and 3 we returned for TD's and one fumble recovery. It wasn't much of a game.

Next week we take on 2 time defending CIF Div 9 champs Tesoro. They are down this year but none the less a well coached team.
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

We are now 5-0 going into our bye week. We won 42-0 over Tesoro. We limited them to less than 150 total yards on offense and created 3 turnovers. We played very well and are tuning up for our league which is one of the toughest in the state. We open up league with Newport Harbor who is a defending CIF and league champion team who is new to our league. This is only the second time in my 11 years where we are 5-0 after our pre-season. And the only times in recient history were 2002, and then again 1992.
                            Winston Churchill

Comment

Well we lost our first game this last week. We are now 5-1 and 0-1 league. Right at kickoff it started to pour for about 20 mins. That is all it took to create a quagmire. We had a punt blocked right off for a TD and then proceeded to lose 4 fumbles. We held their O to 140 total yards but we had to play on a short field all night. In the end we couldn't over come our mistakes. Final 21-13.

We play the league favorite Edison. The game will be televised on Fox Prime Ticket at 7:00 this next week (Friday). Even if you are out of the state you can check it out on Direct TV with the sports package.
                              Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X