Is Temple Bar Trying to Scam Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Temple Bar Trying to Scam Me?

We got checked in Thursday afternoon and went straight to the cafe to eat lunch then hit the water for a nice afternoon/evening session. When we got to the room that night my daughter (all 60 pounds of her) climbed into her bed. After a minute or two the starboard (!?) side of the bed fell to the ground. I got her out of the bed and my wife and I lifted up the bed/box spring to investigate. So the box spring sits on top of a metal frame that sits on top of a wood structure. The piece of wood that runs down that side of the bed was cracked in two and had fallen over, bringing down that side of the bed. Well the front desk was closed by this time so I just propped the wood back up and set the metal frame on top of it. It all stayed together perfectly the entire time we were there. In fact I even forgot about it. You would have to get down and look under the bed to see that it was broken.
    I received an email today with my receipt for our stay. On there, I am being charged a "damages" fee of $20. I sent off an email asking for explanation, but have yet to hear back. It just seems weird to me. I'm sure it will cost way more than $20 to fix the bed. So why not charge me for the full repair? Is $20 just a number that would make most people just pay it and be done? Mostly I'm curious to see if this happened to anyone else?

Interesting... I noticed I had some pending charges on mine so I will let you know... I would definitely give them a call and raise a little bit of hell... That place is falling apart as it is. I know I feel like they have bed bugs or something too because my ankles got bit up and my wife's arm too and I didn't notice many mosquitos outside that much... Not too mention every time I have stayed there that seems to happen. Hopefully that place will renovate one day but probably not in our lifetime. LOL... Good luck UNSTUCK! Hope they get is sorted out..

Comment

UNSTUCK - As h2osk8er00 mentioned, I am not that surprised. The place has seen it's better days. Having said that, most of the people that work there are seasonal. You may want to ask for Melinda (I think thats her name) if you call, shes the Manager/Admin. She may be more willing to help. Good luck.

Comment

And thanks UNSTUCK for changing my category to "Tige Addict" with that last post... LOL - 500 posts! I'd say addict is a pretty good descriptor.

Comment

I think they may over charged me but won't be able to check he actual CC charge from when the room was booked.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Melinda is the "Motel Manager" Dave and I had the pleasure (sarcasm) of speaking with her. She has a bit of a superiority complex from our 10 min conversation.

X2 on the bugs, I think its more sand flees than anything else never had an issue in the room except for a scorpion a few years back.

Good Luck Unstuck, hope they return the money quickly.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Google Review them

Comment

^doesn't do much good if you're the only game in town. don't think there's a lot of options to stay that close to the lake and not have to drive..

still would suck if they are not running an ethical business.. nothing like pissing off a group that loads up every cabin for a weekend that looked to be otherwise vacant.
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Ok, had a chance to look at the CC statements now that we're home. They did not over charge me. The confusion is because their typical confirmation email reflected normal rates and what the normal deposit would be. Since we were part of a group, the discount was applied in the background. but not reflected in the confirmation email. So all good here.

IMO, given the overall setting, im willing to deal with some minor issues. Not many places left to hold the Lake Mead Tige event in the scope that its grown to. TB is far from a Four Seasons Resort, but dang, look at what we can do their.

Good luck guys, i hope it all works out fairly. Given the 2 disturbances caused by one group, we will be lucky if temple bar does not decline the offer to host us next year.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It ended up being more than 2 disturbances from the same group. The old "one bad apple" analogy applies here.

Comment

What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                        What happened?
                        It's probably not a good idea to discuss in this forum. If you would like to discuss it, please call me anytime after 4:00pm PST at Nine 51- seven seven 5- 3 eight 16.

Comment

Unstuck were you peeping again?
                          Germaine Marine
                          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Sorry.

Comment

In the past few years of working with the group out there, they seem to be fairly reasonable. I'm sure the cleaning crew reported a broken bed and they charged accordingly. Knowing the condition of the rooms, they probably have the $20 fee based on a cheap fix to keep it hold together for another few stays and figure few people would argue it. Hopefully they work with you!

Comment

Working...
                              X