Anyone else here surgically enhanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else here surgically enhanced?

Ummm...not breast augmentation or anything like that!

Sitting at home after my second ACL reconstruction in 4 years (different knees). The first one was wake boarding, this one popped turning to get a ball while playing a simple lo rec volleyball game as a sub. Uggg!

Just started PT, bored with the Internet and Netflix. Thought I'd see what kinda war wounds/bodily damage people had inflicted upon themselves on this forum. Of course I am jonesung to surf, but that will have to be next season at this point.

I have two completely reconstructed knees, ACL's, Meniscus, the whole shebang. When I blow out a knee, I go all out. Both more than 15 years ago, now have to get synvisc shots regularly... but would do it all again if I had to. Soccer both times.

Comment

Three knee surgeries for me. All of mine were as a teenager. 1st surgery on right knee between 8th grade year and 9th grade year. 2nd surgery on right knee again to correct unsucessful first surgery between 9th grade and 10th grade year. 3rd on left knee between 10th and 11th grade.

Alll football related. Never torn a ligament thought... all cartlidge issues. I'm going to be an arthritic mess.

Comment

No knee stuff, but in high school I was playing basketball with a 300 Lbs football player (Me only 120lbs at the time). He charged me, I chose to stay planted. My foot stayed planted, the rest of my body did not. It popped the foot out of the socket at the ankle. My foot was stuck bend over at a 90 degree angle for 12 hours, being sent from hospital to hospital (small towns) until we found one that would fix it. Surgery and a cast for 12 weeks.

Then there was active duty Marine Corps, where we thought full contact racquetball sounded like a great idea. My arm was pushed backwards at the shoulder as I was locked and loaded getting ready to hit the ball and tore the rotator cuff to hell. Had to get surgery to to repair that and all the tendons and ligaments and whatnot. Physical therapy really sucked on that one.

Comment

Two ACL reconstructions, one in each knee (in 2003 and 2005). Both times playing basketball. My knees are in decent shape and haven't prevented me from doing anything. The loss of athleticism is likely more age and physical condition vs the repair/injury.
          Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

blown out knee, 2 ankle surgeries, shoulder surgery, 2 back surgeries, 2 neck surgeries, both neck and back are fusions. Stay positive work hard at your pt and don't give up. There is always fun at the end of the road.

Comment

Slalom skiing. Front boot failed to release. Kinda screwed up my season
              leg.jpg
              Two titanium plates and 17 or so screws

Comment

Torn mcl wakeboarding, broken ribs twice tubing, wife ruptured ear drum wakeboarding

Comment

I've broken my big toe twice. Once playing soccer, once on mushrooms when I kicked a big pinecone that was actually a rock.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

ALL OEM EQUIPMENT HERE....SO FAR. But I can feel some bolt on equipment in my future.
                    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
                    X