Burned CD Exchange.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burned CD Exchange.

Anyone ever take part in a Burned/Mixed CD exchange? My buddy got me involved with it a while ago, and basically it works like this.

You send/mail a couple blank CDs to someone and they burn a mix of songs onto it and mail it back. In our case it happens to be Indie punk rock, but there are these exchange rings set up all over.

I thought it might be cool to exchange boat cds or something.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

I wish there was a way to dump my song list and play lists into an actual list that I could post somewhere...any ideas on how to share who's got what?
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Cut and paste Dog. Ain't cha got I-Tunes.

That's not a bad idea T. I've got a bunch of mixes that are ready to roll.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO
        Cut and paste Dog. Ain't cha got I-Tunes.

That's not a bad idea T. I've got a bunch of mixes that are ready to roll.
        Actually, no. I've got a Dell DJ so I'm forced to use MusicMatch. I think I can handle the play lists, but, the problem would be the complete catalog of 3000+ songs...not sure the cut/paste buffer's big enough for that one, even for a geek like me
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I'm game if any one wants to.

I think the first mixes should be boat tunes.

PM me if you are intrested in getting the ball rolling!!!

Comment

bfrank,

Sent you a pm.

Let's Exchange!

Comment

Just sent you a PM as well!!

Comment

That would be cool, I'm in! How do you plan to organize it?

If everyone's had enough bandwidth, we could do an email thing. That would save mailing CD's.

Comment

I have no Idea how to organize it, email would be cool, but I hope no one is on Dialup!

In my other exchange it works like this.

Someone posts that they have a CD. In this case they post a set list of the live show that they have recorded.

You email them that you want a copy of that live show.

They email you back w/address and what they want in exchange. This is usually 2 blank Cd's and a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.

When they get this, then they burn your copy and send it to you in the envelope you sent them.

Sometimes they will see that you have a unique show listed in your post, and just ask for a straight exchange.

Bfrank and I are gonna trade boat tunes Cd's. We swapped addresses via pm and I am gonna burn him a copy of the CD that we listen to a lot, and he's gonna do the same. So even if bfrank hates all the songs I send him, then he's only out the cost of postage & a blank CD.

BTW Bfrank I'll send that CD to you on Monday.

Comment

We use an ipod now and never take CDs with us. I could still burn our favorites to a CD and then load from a CD to our ipod.

I thought about listing a music type, but the suprise would be more fun.

I'll PM you next week. Trying to get ready to head to our friend's lake house for the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                    X