31 Heros Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31 Heros Project

Help me support 31Heroes Project by making a donation. The process is fast, easy, and secure. I truly appreciate any support you can provide. It will benefit a great cause!

If you can't make a donation at this point, help me reach my goal by sharing this page on Facebook and Twitter!
    Or, even better, send an e-mail to friends you think might be interested in contributing and include a link to my page!

Thanks so much for your generosity!
    Click link below to donate/copy and share
    http://www.classy.org/dhalker

(The 31 Heros Story)
    On August 6, 2011, a tragedy shook the military community and Americans everywhere. In a single instance, America lost 30 military service members, many of whom were members of the Navy SEAL community—and one military K9– when a CH-47 Chinook helicopter, call sign Extortion 17, was downed in Afghanistan.

In the wake of the unimaginable tragedy, a mission was born. Following the downing of Extortion 17, a fundraising WOD—hosted at more than 430 gyms around the country with more than 10,000 participants—raised $300,000 over a four-week period to support the 30 families affected. This prompted the organizers to create The 31Heroes Project to remember our fallen heroes and take care of their loved ones.

Humbled by the massive response and inspired by the impact on the families of these heroes, 31Heroes recognized an opportunity to reach even more families. Soon, new events and WODs were organized with the help of a growing network of passionate volunteers.

Today, as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, we assist athletes and event organizers around the country with tools and resources to continue the legacy of selflessness and comradery of August 6, 2011.

Through strategic alliances with other organizations we can ensure that all proceeds directly fund programs that support service members and their families, including the Navy SEAL community.

Since our first event in 2011, more than $1.5 million has been given back to our nation’s heroes and their families through grant-making opportunities and partnership programs. In 2015, The 31Heroes Project launched the initiative to send a designated number of veterans to distinguished brain centers across the country to receive cutting-edge treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and/or Traumatic Brain Injury.

They’ve left behind more than just memories. They’ve given us a legacy to honor. Together, we can ensure the mission to honor the fallen lives on and veterans are not forgotten when they return home.

http://www.classy.org/dhalker

I was deployed and running operations in Iraq and Kuwait as part of Operation New Dawn when this happened, regardless of the branch of service some of us chose we were all heart broken and angry when we heard the news. Diggigaf hats of to you for your support of the armed services, I will be making donation, and sharing with everyone I know. As a veteran and recently separated active duty member I will NEVER forget my brothers and sisters in service and especially those that couldn't come home with me. I could go on for days for the respect and admiration I have for those that supported me and all branches of the service when I was in, and especially upon return from my deployments. Thank you again Dilligaf for posting this.... LOST, BUT ALWAYS REMEBERED!!
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

No the thanks goes to you Thegerman! I am trully thankful every day for the men and women that wake up every morning and put their life on the line so people like me can enjoy our freedom. I am lucky to be able to participate in events like this and raise money for our nations heros! Thank you for all that you and your borthers & sisters have done!

Comment

Originally posted by dilligaf622 View Post
        No the thanks goes to you Thegerman! I am trully thankful every day for the men and women that wake up every morning and put their life on the line so people like me can enjoy our freedom. I am lucky to be able to participate in events like this and raise money for our nations heros! Thank you for all that you and your borthers & sisters have done!
        Well Said!

Comment

I have no words that could express the appreciation. Thank you for your support and dedication!
          My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
          X