Sonos Wireless Speakers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Wireless Speakers...

Anybody have any experience with these speakers? We're looking into some whole house audio that we can link in with outdoor speakers too, and all my searches seem to lead to these speakers which use wifi instead of Bluetooth and everything can be controlled by phones or iPads and they stream from all the major music providers. The reviews all seem good, but I was wondering if anybody here has actually heard/used them..

http://www.sonos.com

I have used this system in my house for six year and love it. It truly is the Apple of audio!

Comment

I really like that u can have all the wireless indoor speakers and still use the connect:amp to control the wired outdoor stuff.. Can it be controlled by multiple devices like my iPhone, wife's Galaxy, or an iPad or does it only link up with one device?

Comment

Depending on what your budget is and what you all want to control, check out Control4
        http://www.control4.com/
        These units offer control for full home automation, including AV and can easily be added to/upgraded in the future. This will allow full home control from the Control4 remote or any Apple/Android/PC/Mac device. For A/V, you can have all zones on and be playing a different playlist. There are some very nice options and you can custom program.

We just updated ours so that I can monitor, open and close garage doors when away from home. We have it set up with a bluetooth reader that reads a chip on our kids bags that when they get home, it reads the chip, opens the garage, unlocks the mudroom door, disarms the alarm and when they enter the house, it closes the garage door, locks the mudroom door, arms the alarm to "stay" and sends me and my wife an email to let us know that our child is home safe. We have a couple remotes that we have provided to people that watch our house that when they push the button it opens the garage, unlocks the door and disarms the alarm so that we don't have to give out codes - if we decide to close them out, we go into the access point and remove their frequency from the system.

We will be installing a system at our business soon as well so that we don't have to provide keys/codes to employees.

This might be more than you want but it's interesting tech to check out anyway.

Check out your local dealer for more info.
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Sonos works great and does everything I need for audio in my house. I love the flexibility to move the speakers anywhere I want. It will link up with multiple devises, some time that can cause some control issues with the family. It has has the ability to have multiple sources, like XM radio, spotify or you can even plug in a mp3 device in the system.

Comment

Dandy - that control4 system looks incredible!! I'm gonna guess way out my budget and far above what I need, but it's cool knowing that kind of tech is out there. I was impressed the other day when me and a buddy were out and his phone went off. Assumed it was a text and I looked over and he was on a vid chat with a UPS guy at his door two towns over... That control4 system looks to take that to the next level

Comment

Awesome especially now that Apple Music has been integrated. I have 7 play 1's, 2 play 3's, 1 play 5, 1 sound bar and 1 sub. All over 3 floors of my house and works flawlessly. Expensive, but well worth the money!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

We have Sonos throughout our house and LOVE IT......

Comment

Thanks guys.. I think I'm leaning towards getting a play 5 to start in the master bed/bath and a connect:amp to wire in the patio speakers..

Comment

I have Sonos and it is pretty awesome. I'm currently running 2 play 1s and 1 play 3. But recently I have started to rethink my setup. Awhile back I sent my beats pill XL in for a recall by Apple. They sent me a check for $325 so I started researching bluetooth speakers. I've always had a bluetooth speaker in addition to my sonos for going mobile. I decided on the Aiwa Exos-9. While it is large, this things blows anything I've ever heard out of the water. I honestly think it sounds as good if not better than my Sonos system. While it lacks a lot of the features of Sonos, it is portable and just flat out incredible. I've had it playing full volume out at the beach/lake for 8+ hours. I also ordered an extra rechargeable battery for it. But I've honestly never had to replace it during an outing. since they can be paired in mirror or stereo mode, I'm now thinking about ordering another one. At $300 it is a steal and miles above any other bluetooth speaker I've heard. With 50+ ft of bluetooth signal, it is giving my sonos system a run for its money. Aiwa has new ownership so they're basically a new company. Customer service is spot on and as of now, this is their only product. Check out the reviews. If anything it should be your next bluetooth speaker.
                    BABz - babzusa.com
                    Austin, TX

Comment

depending on if you already have amps/receivers with speakers already wired you could go the cheaper route and get a handful of chromecast audios? My front and back patio and interior speakers all come into the same place, so I can just plug in a single $30 chromecast to my receiver that's already there and I'm good to go. Of course you can't use Amazon music with that because they hate each other, assuming maybe sonos has amazon? Even if you have multiple amps set up at $30 a piece you can grab more than 1 and they do sync for the "whole" house aspect. Just another option.

Comment

Working...
                      X