Magazines???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magazines???

I need a new subscription or two for some boating magazines. I have Wakeboarding Magazine, but honestly I'm getting really tired of the Parade of ads in it.

I have picked up a couple of copies of Trailer boat, and it seems pretty good.

Anyone have a good suggestion? It doesn't have to be completely related to Watersports, just have good boating articles.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

WaterSki Magazine is a good one, they discuss general boating as well as wakeboarding, slalom, etc.

I never subscribed to it but somehow I get it in the mail.

Comment

Re: Magazines???

Originally posted by Tequilasun

Anyone have a good suggestion? It doesn't have to be completely related to Watersports, just have good boating articles.
      I subscribe to Waterski and Hotboat

Comment

I get Waterski...wakeboarding (which I agree is getting pretty light on material...) and Alliance on the sports side of it. Powerboat on the boating side. A guy has got to dream...I can see it now...a 36 foot Eliminator Daytona like the ones we saw at Havi last week...twin 1100hp monsters turning the screws... I feel a tim the tool guy moment coming on...

Comment

Waterski Mag
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

yeah waterski mag just stated showing up at my door to dont know why. but it is a god mag. give it a try.

Comment

Man you guys have it made with the free subcriptions!!!! It seems like every other week they are hitting me up for a new subcription. I get Water Ski, the boat tests are always positive in the descriptions, but the tech info is a real plus. I think they try not to kill the advertizers by giving them a bad review.

Comment

I do have to agree that wakeboarding magazine is covered with nothing but ads.

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank
                  I get Water Ski, the boat tests are always positive in the descriptions, but the tech info is a real plus. I think they try not to kill the advertizers by giving them a bad review.
                  You are right on the money! Look back at the old reviews and they were much more honest. Now they are Mary Poppins with a big smile(as they protect their advertising dollars)

Comment

I'm a big fan of Alliance. Much more of a "by riders, for riders" type of mag. They do a nice job of keeping up with the "scene". They do have have a bit of advertising but it's not nearly as bad as Wakeboard. what they do have is some entertaining articles.

I still read Waterski even though the boat reviews are total fluff pieces. Used to read HotBoat but haven't in the last few years. I liked it when it Flat Bottoms and Hydros and Squirt Guns. Now it's almost all big cats and larger (21'+) V-bottoms with out drives. Boring. Give me a blown Cole TR3 anyday.
                    Attached Files
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X