Social Media 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Media 101

Ok, so my facebook skilz are ok. No were near that of a 14 your old girl but id say better than the average man my age I dont tweet, twat or Instagram. Likely wont due to the time needed to manage them. None the less, im looking to improve my social media awareness.

All over facebook, I see posts and im not 100% sure what the goal of the poster is and the effect the post has.

What does is mean and what happens when there is #whateverword or @whateverword? Whats the goal or purpos, who sees it, where is it seen, etc.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

I also am no pro but I'm pretty sure the hashtag (#) is a way to mark posts or subjects as an easy way to find them later.. Example... Search #tige or #tigeboats and it will bring up posts from all over and all different users who have posted with that hashtag somewhere in the post. It's a way to add your post to the group of people talking about it, if that makes sense. Also TV networks are starting to have hashtags for any given shows or live events, and they can track how many times that hashtag is used to judge popularity. The @ followed by, usually a persons name, will take you to their page. On Facebook, it also adds them to the conversation by adding the post to their page so that they now also see everything being discussed..

That's what I know about it..

Comment

#IDONTGETIT @WHATSITALLABOUT

Some of the posts I try to read are down right confusing and somewhat annoying! HA!

For a full explanation of the # and @, go to this link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57dzaMaouXA

Promise it's safe and entertaining!

Comment

Good info Bryan. Twitter, Instagram and Facebook are able to cross post and also search for keywords across the various platforms, so the # is like tagging a post or picture with a keyword to use for easier searches.

The at @ symbol is how people publish their user name on Twitter.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

[QUOTE=chpthril;753131]Ok, so my facebook skilz are ok. No were near that of a 14 your old girl but id say better than the average man my age I dont tweet, twat or Instagram.

Are people actually communicating by TWATING?
          Formertigeowners.com
          I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

[QUOTE=Carter13;753147]
            Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Ok, so my facebook skilz are ok. No were near that of a 14 your old girl but id say better than the average man my age I dont tweet, twat or Instagram.

Are people actually communicating by TWATING?
            We have a local city council woman that seems to think so. she's dumb as a stump and referenced Twating in a meeting with a live mic. A local talk show host now plays the sound bite frequently
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike, You don't need a lot of time. You can post from Instagram and have your post also appear on Twitter, Facebook Tumblr, and Flicker so you're not having to do it from each site or piece of social media. There are also other apps that you can sit down and set up your posts for the next 30 days if you wanted. That way you aren't physically having to do it everyday. Everyone has their own favorite. Personally, I don't use Facebook anymore but I'm addicted to Instagram.

#Mikesliquidaudio = will pull up all the pictures on instagram that others have tagged with the same #Mikesliquidaudio. As others said. You can search anything you want by looking up a hashtag. #tige #stereo #ballast #wetsounds. Also, by using the hashtag you can reach a greater audience then just the people that already follow you.

@Mikesliquidaudio = if I post something and use "@" in front you will see in your feed that I mentioned you directly in a comment as your handle in this case would be @mikesliquidaudio......you dig?

For a business like yourself to me it makes complete sense to do this type of advertising as a lot of the services you provide are directed at a younger generation. People want to see those stereo, ballast etc installs.
              Last edited by BCRider; 09-14-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Bravo BCRider... You did a much better job of explaining what I was trying to say

Comment

Thats some good info BC< thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X