Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOT

Hello all.
    I have a 2013 R20 with 310hp Indmar. I am running WOT at 5500rpm and top speed 39mph. Is that ok? Anyone know what the max RPM is for this? I feel 5500 is pushing it. Should I reprop?

I think is should be 4600-5200 RPM at WOT but I no longer have a manual for that engine to confirm. I am sure others will weigh in.

Comment

2014 R20 with 335 hp Indmar -- indicated 40 mph at 5500 but the GPS on my phone says 44 mph.

As it turns out, I don't want to go any faster However, I would lose bottom end grunt if I reprop -- surfing would possibly strain things, whereas the boat comes up to speed nicely now. Even got to 20 mph with surf ballast full and 6 people aboard, though it took a while

Prop is 537.

Comment

Glidds, that sounds about right, you must have a prop that is set up for better acceleration and not top end speed. My manual (PCM) says 5,200 is ideal, 5,500 is max WOT rpm. When we put these props on to help accelerate with bigger ballast loads it's going to take away some top end speed. I am still running the factory 537 prop and I top at at 43 mph and 5,200 rpm as the manual states. If/when I get a new prop I'll probably try something with a little more bite to help some acceleration and I'll probably be right there with you. One thing to be careful of is if you go aggressive on a prop with more bite for better acceleration, your going to lose top end speed and you'll be pushing the RPM limit if you go WOT, so be careful out there.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Seems to me that the WOT rpm limit is computer controller such that it will not let you exceed about 5,300 rpm. I've got the LS3 and it will not go above about 5,300.

Comment

Indeed the ecu will limit the rpm. Not advisable to stay at that rpm though!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X