Fish Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish Tank

We got my 2 1/2 yr old son a small fish tank yesterday because he loves all things water related. After much discussion we decided to get him 3 small goldfish to go in the tank with some fake grass stuff, and a pirate treasure chest.

Its really pretty cool looking, and he loves it to death.

The three fishes names.....Tige, Moomba, and Big Boat.

Tige is a Black and reddish goldfish..kinda like our boat

Moomba is all red/gold just like the Moomba we pass everyday on the way to the babysitter.

Big boat is the smallest goldfish, named after his grandparents houseboat AKA the big boat.

His mother and I cracked up as he named them!
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

That is a great story!

I have noticed that our kids notice and remember almost everything around them. It's almost scary. But then they can't remember to pick up their clothes and dishes! I guess they have "selective memory" just like my wife says I have "selective hearing".

Comment

Just make sure that Tige doesnt pass away first!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank
        Just make sure that Tige doesnt pass away first!!!!!
        Yeah, I wondered about that.

Tige is the biggest, and the most healthy looking. Moomba just hides in the grass.

Comment

It's amazing what kids will say and how perceptive they are. I always get a kick out of my kids' conversations with their friends in the back seat of my truck.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Do they make those miniature Tige' Boats. I've seen the one's for Natique. That would be cool to have one floating on top of the water in the fish tank.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I looked for a cool shipwreck or something like that to put at the bottom.

I have not seen a Tige Version of the mini boat. But it would be really cool.

Comment

You could get a toy MC or Malibu and sink it for your shipwreck.

Comment

Originally posted by bneub
                  You could get a toy MC or Malibu and sink it for your shipwreck.
                  I second that, or even a Nautique
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Man, that's a good Idea!

I'll have to see what I can find.

THe fish tank is pretty small, but I bet one of those really tiny nautiques would fit in there.

Comment

*update*

Well we came home last night, and Big Boat had taken the trip to the big Aquarium in the Sky. He had "Ick", which we had attempted to treat, but he was the smallest, and didn't make it.

Luckily my son isn't really old enough to grasp where he went, so his departure was uneventfull.

Moomba isn't looking too good either, but seems to be eating now, so we hope he improves.

Tige is the only one uneffected by the "Ick"

We had the tank for 2 days and one fish down...Kinda sad.

Comment

Fish appear to be very sensitive to all sorts of diseases. I had one growing up and I don't remember us having that much trouble. We tried aquariums on more than one occasion and the fish always died within a few weeks.

Comment

You have to change the water like once a week or something and add these special drops, to the water, from the pet store.

I found a miniature boat for under $20. It is 5.25 inches long. That's pretty small. It is for children 6 and up, so be careful. It also might add to the "Ick" factor.

Toy Air Nautique
                          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Any updates??? Is Tige still runnin strong???

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank
                              Any updates??? Is Tige still runnin strong???
                              Nope: Tige made it the longest, but I think our aquarium is like Lake Powell....tough on Ski boats!!

We reloaded it with Mollies this time, 3 more fishes....First night, one of them took the trip across the river Hades..we didn't even get a chance to name it! It didn't look good when we put it in the tank...I'm pretty sure it was sick already.

1 down, 2 to go. About 5 days ago, my wife calls and says she can't find Moomba2. But she thinks Moomba2 has jumped into the filter?

So I get home and do some searching and find Moomba2's headless body in the pump for the filter. Apparently the screen part of the suction tube for the filter had come off, and moomba2 had tried to do a "Finding Nemo" and got sucked against the fan/pump thingy and his head was....well, you can imagine.

So we have one fish left. Its name is Fishy, and it hides most of the time (not that I could blame him/her)

I think I've built up a lot of good karma in my life, but these fish are knocking it back down pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X