Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is fun, 0-60 times of trucks towing a Tige!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is fun, 0-60 times of trucks towing a Tige!

Stumbled upon this website that did 0-60 tests with various trucks all towing a Tige!
    http://www.tfltruck.com/category/sho...ents/tow-test/

LOL... I saw this last winter and first thing last spring I hooked up my Z1 and ran the test. My boat was about the same weight at 5760lbs (had a bunch of stuff removed to lighten the load) and my density altitude was likely similar based on environmental factors and their 5000ft elevation. The result on my supercharged 5.3L Avalanche was 15.5 seconds. I tied the 6.2L Raptor.... which I was pretty thrilled with

I'm surprised the new Denali HD was only 14.9 seconds.

Here is the day I ran the test:

Truck weight was 6380lbs.
    Last edited by JohnnieMo; 03-13-2015, 04:03 AM.

Comment

I'm in! I just have to wait a couple months. She is all tucked in for winter right now
      2000 21V Fox Riders Edition
      2007 Chevy Duramax crew cab short bed

Comment

I'm wondering if some of the tests were traction challenged. I can't take off from a dead stop with my foot to the floor in my '07 Silverado HD diesel while towing the boat or the back tires go up in smoke. You have to ease into it or put it in 4wd.

Comment

Do you have some "performance enhancing devices"?

Comment

Originally posted by SBM1234 View Post
            Do you have some "performance enhancing devices"?
            Nope, I have left mine stock other than bigger tires.

Comment

I am with you Tim, if I take the traction control off my 35's light up.... Diesel problems

Comment

Wow... I wish I had your problems. I'm just happy when I get to the top of the hill.

Comment

Johnnie, You need to take that Cover tightening rope to the tower off when you tow. It will allow the cover to suck down into the boat as it is designed. Just like you pull the poles with the old style covers when you tow.
                  "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Iwndr View Post
                    Johnnie, You need to take that Cover tightening rope to the tower off when you tow. It will allow the cover to suck down into the boat as it is designed. Just like you pull the poles with the old style covers when you tow.
                    Cool. Did not know that! I do notice a lot of downward pressure on the bow part of the cover. I think some support is needed there.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

As soon as I get mine out of storage im gona launch it and post the results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^^^ Nice combo!!!!
                        "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Originally posted by rmarquette View Post
                          As soon as I get mine out of storage im gona launch it and post the results.

rmarquette - Are you on the Waupaca chain? We have been kicking around the idea of taking the boat on the chain. But the lakes look small and the regulations on skiing or other activities seem stringent.

Nice setup!
                          "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

I wish my tower was white!

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Yes Booms Waupaca Chain. As you stated, it's a little tight on the weekends and the hours are strictly enforced. That said, it's a fantastic place if you can sneak away during the week.

Comment

Working...
                              X