• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing with a duramax is almost as fun as boating itself
    2000 21V Fox Riders Edition
    2007 Chevy Duramax crew cab short bed

Comment

Very nice truck, your going to love the Duramax for towing. Now you need to go out and get the DPF deleted and get a tune done on it. If you think you like it now, you'll love it after.

Comment

I got my little 2005 F250 2WD with 5.4 with 150xxx miles on her..She tows like a champ! I could buy a wicked awesome 3/4 ton diesel...but I don't think I would save the money on fuel over the lifetime of the truck...The price is just too much

I used to tow with an older f150 1/2 ton and HATED IT!!!! I think all the 3/4 tons have better chassis/gearing that really helps you tow properly!!!

Comment

I have a 2007 Duramax 4x4. The odometer reads 253000 miles but its more like 270000 since I have larger 285 tires. Changed one water pump. Still have original brakes and fan belt. Change trans fluid every 40 to 50k miles. It is so simple to do with the Allison Transmission. Towed the 2005 Tige 24v with no issue and now tows a 27 ft Essex that weighs 5100 lbs dry plus a triple axle trailer plus gas with no issue up and down hills of 6 and 7% grades.

Comment

Thank again everyone for the advise. As you know, I did get the DMax. I have towed our enclosed trailer a few times and it was very enjoyable to tow, compared to the 1500HD (6.0 w/4Speed). The DMax runs nice low RPMs and is quieter than I expected. We picked up our boat at the dealer yesterday and brought her home for the season. The 2500 DMax does quite well. I do think that 70 MPH would be around my comfort limit based upon yesterdays tow, granted we had 30-40 MPH winds yesterday. Just thought I would post a pic of the truck and boat together. Thanks again and Happy Towing!
            IMG_20150422_141417992.jpg
            "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Nice set up! Makes driving home enjoyable after a day on the water.
              "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Nice truck! Boat could use some work though...

Comment

I live in Ford Country. Wait I moved from Ford Country. No , I've been to Ford Country. Oh that's right, everywhere is Ford Country. Ford has been the best selling truck for 38 years straight. Actions speak louder than words. With all that said I still think you have a nice truck and it should do a good job towing your G23.
                  I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

I've had both powerstrokes and duramaxs and either way they pull great but I'm a chevy guy so here's my setup.image.jpg
                    surf till u die.

Comment

I tow with a 2007 Ford Expedition .....8 folks in the vehicle....towing a RZ4....

Will your diesel pull better? Yup. You will get the same MPG as me and we can all go together instead of taking separate cars. You will beat me to the destination by 10-15 min. So I win.
                      Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Wow. Your gasser sounds like a real "beast".

Comment

Working...
                        X