how cold is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how cold is it?

Heading to TX. next weekend to ski behind a new I Switch. How cold is it in the water in Dallas this time of year. I packed my shortie but is it still going to be rough?

Last time I heard it was around 53 degrees, this was a couple of weeks ago but will give you an idea. What city are you doing the demo at? Some guys still ride in drysuits and at the same time some wear boardshorts....just depends on what you can hack.

Comment

Going to Slalom Shop, Lake Lewisville. Wow those temps. sound like fun.BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Doing a demo with Chris McCafferty. I'm just going to have to suck it up, what we won't do to become Tige owners.

Comment

I was at lake arlington 2 weeks ago and the water was 62 degrees. It has been 80 during the last few days and about 65-70 at night so I think the water will be nice this weekend.

Comment

what part of Texas? I rode last night on medina w/o a wetsuit. I started off wearing a friend's drysuit, but decided to ditch it after my first set. It was actually kinda nice. I'm going out riding in about an hour and I'm just going to wear shorts!
          Freude am Fahren.

Comment

rode lake austin today, 68' at the bridge, and 58-60 up past Steiner Ranch....towards the damn.

Comment

rode on thursday in Oklahoma, and the water is still 57. I wore my drysuit, but I hate being cold, and the water still seemed too cold. It was 80 outside. The suit was a bit hot in the afternoon, but nice in the morning and evening.

Dom
              Originally posted by G-MONEY
              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I went to Lake Lewisville on Sat. and thought it was great! Wore my shorty, the air temp must have been pushing 80 and I thought the water was cool but warmer than I thought it was going to be. Did the demo of an I-Switch and I'm joing the Tige family. the wife and I are buying a red one.

Comment

61F yesterday on Lake Belton in central TX.
                  We have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us.

Comment

Went to the brazos saturday and it was great. The water was 71-72 and it was about 80 outside. IT was a great day, can't wait for next weekend!

Comment

Working...
                    X