New Boat Tunes for this Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Boat Tunes for this Season

We had some interesting discussions last year about boat tunes and I picked up on a few good ones to add to the MP3 player. So, do you have any good tunes to share that are popular on your ride?

The latest one to make it on our play list was Grillz by Nelly. It took a bit but it's starting to grow on me.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

I just bought the new Buckcherry album. It's not kid friendly, but it is really good. Reminds me of GnR!

Which btw, GnR (AKA Axle rose) is launching a new album Chinese Democracy soon !
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

I've been jammin alot of Incubus latley!! But as the summer progresses I'm sure we will be hard core into Marley and Buffett!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun
        I just bought the new Buckcherry album. It's not kid friendly, but it is really good. Reminds me of GnR!

Which btw, GnR (AKA Axle rose) is launching a new album Chinese Democracy soon !
        Axel Rose is bitch! Every GnR song you hear or buy has been completely rerecorded by Axel and a bunch of studio artists. That way, none of the original band members get any money from any royalties or album sales. The original members (minus Axel of coarse) all singed off on that on one condition, that Axel leaves them alone.

Now so far as this "new" albumn, theres nothing new about it besides the fact that the public has yet to hear it. It took them 8 years to record it. 8! The Beatles were together for 8 years. A good friend of mine works at The Village, the studio where it was recorded so I got the low down on a lot of stuff coming out of there. Bottom line, F Axel.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Gotcha Nicky.

Good to know.

Comment

Meanwhile, Axel has two brand new Ferraris that are identacle except that one is convertable and a brand new Lambo Murcialago. It' a cold cruel world dude.

Anybody heard the new Chili Peppers?

Comment

The Chili pepper new one is great, but it is a little too similar to the last album.

If you liked that, I highly recommend the new one. I bought it.

Comment

I actually have the new one on order. I guess I'll find out. I'm more a fan of the old Peppers. The first album will always be my favorite from them.

Comment

Then this one is not gonna be your new Favorite. It feels like it is an extension of Californication. But it's still good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun
                    Then this one is not gonna be your new Favorite. It feels like it is an extension of Californication. But it's still good.
                    It is really good! That's what's so cool about the Peppers...they can pull just about anything off!
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert
                      It is really good! That's what's so cool about the Peppers...they can pull just about anything off!
                      Best cover band ever. Some of their covers don't even sound like covers. Hear-Subterainian Homesick Blues off of The Uplift Mofo Party Plan. Neal Young tune.

Californication actually had some really cool songs. The have really grown into some maturity sence the early days. But they have done it better than almost any band. They got a little weird for a while but it seems they've got going in the right direction again.

On a Chili Pepper side bar, did anybody see the NASCAR all star race a couple of weeks ago? If not, you missed the Peppers live on primetime TV. They sounded good. They seemed to fit right into the modern day NASCAR scene. They actually had them do "the most famous words in motor sports", buy they did it as only the Peppers would do it, barbershop quartet style. They all joined in one at a time on "Gentleman" untill all four were in and then let the rest rip from there, "GentlemannnGentlemannnGentlemannnGentlemannn, Start Your Engines!" It was bad ***. In between heat races (that's how the All Star race works) the Peppers were on a stage down on the infield playing up a storm. Pretty cool deal.

Comment

Got a few new ones last night.

Got that new Peppers. Soft. They have finally thrown the towel in and have gone soft. I never thought I would hear a Chili Peppers album that would put me to sleep, let alone two of them. Two whole discs of the same song. I don't know. I didn't dislike the music but it wasn't overly impressive. Post mid-life crisis, wish I was still cool soft rock. Just gave it a once through so it might end up being my favorite disc(s) of all time. Doubt it though.

Starving Artist Crew. Dope. I think the name of the album is "Up Pops the Sac". That's real close at least. Did I metion Dope? Dope! My new favorite album for now. Not overly family oriented but it's a head bobbin special. Never underestimate the power of a good head bobber. I can't wait to have it on the boat.

25 greatest hit from The Muppet Show. This was my wifes doing. I did however find one song I really like that I had forgotten about long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, "Mahna Mahna". (ma-NAH-man-na). I'm hooked on it. I woke up with it in my head and it instantly put me in a good mood. Doo doooo doodoodoo, mahna mahna.

Van Halen, Diver Down. Replacement for one that was stolen. Must have. Happy Trails to You.
                        Last edited by NICKYPOO; 06-16-2006, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO

Van Halen, Diver Down. Replacement for one that was stolen. Must have. Happy Trails to You.
                          DLR released an album of Van Halen Hits but done in a Bluegrass Format. It is the worst thing ever. I used to be a DLR fan over Hagar, but this is enough to make me change my mind.

I like your rating system! Here's a couple of mine.

Shine down, very good rock album, but seems to just go on an on. Needs a little more distinction between songs.

Fort Minor: Collaboration of Linkin Park singer. Very good, More hip hop than Guitar Hop of Linkin Park. Must get.

Sirius!!!! I have been Bumping back and forth between Octane (hard rock) and Alt Nation for the last two weeks. Just good stuff.

Comment

XM. Been pullin' stuff for download off of The Rhyme, Fred, Top Tracks and Chillin' by the hand full. That is in between NASCAR, MLB and NHL.

DLR is a freak. Van Hagar doesn't cut it.

Comment

Yeah buddy! Gonna jump in the back of my buddies new Benzo and head up to tahoe to see the Jurasic 5 tonight. Hell M***** F****** Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X