Islander Resort Rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islander Resort Rant...

Well after five or more years of staying at the Islander RV Resort in Lake Havasu, they informed me today as I called to make reservations that our motor home is too old and they won't allow us there anymore with our current coach. We have a '91 Bounder that we keep in good condition...for that matter, it probably receives only slightly less babying than our new Tige... We always knew that the Islander had a rule that prohibits units 10 years and older from staying there...but they always inspected our unit and said no issue. From the sound of the conversation today, they draw the line at 15 no matter how nice your coach is.

We like the Islander for a variety of reasons...it is a pretty strict place, so we know that it is family friendly...It's close to town so it's easy to get to stores and more importantly, "reasonably priced" gas...the sites are very large and clean...and overall, it's a nice place.

So now we are in search of someplace new to stay in Havi... I am currently leaning towards Havasu Springs and also plan to call the Beachcomber tomorrow as well... Any suggestions or positives and negatives on the other sites in town???

Frustrating to be sure!!!

Just get a new RV
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

As I said to my wife last night, the new RV is sitting in the driveway with these Tige stickers all over it!!! All I could say by the end of the even was..."and so it goes..." We'll miss the Islander...but hey, new adventures!

Anybody stay at the Beachcomber?

Comment

We stayed at Havasu Falls RV Resort north of the city, It was only about 1/10th full during the summer. Very plain, not on the water, farther away from the launch ramp but adequate and clean. Convinced me to sell the big trailer and I bought a house in Havasu.

Do you leave the RV there all summer? Another nice spot is SandPointe next to Cattail Cove. I like the south side of the lake as it is not as crazy down there
        Let it be!!!

Comment

We stayed at Havasu Falls RV Resort north of the city, It was only about 1/10th full during the summer. Very plain, not on the water, farther away from the launch ramp but adequate and clean. Convinced me to sell the big trailer and I bought a house in Havasu.

Do you leave the RV there all summer? Another nice spot is SandPointe next to Cattail Cove. I like the south side of the lake as it is not as crazy down there
          Let it be!!!

Comment

We have friends that live up the hill on Northstar so we leave our RV and boat there with them and then just pick everything up when we come into town. We take everything out in May usually and then back home again in October. We try to get several long weekends in every month...

I like the south end boating wise as well...but it's nice to be closer to town for the Safeway, gas, West Marine etc... I'm leaning towards Sand Point now... Seems like the best bet...

Comment

Working...
            X