water pump on duramax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water pump on duramax

After 184,000 miles on a 2007 chevy silverado classis with duramax the water pump gave out. Be ready for a 8 to 9hr job for about $1200.

I did it on my own at 86,000 and spent whatever the price of the pump was (Airtex) with lifetime warranty. 191,000 now, no problems and still on my original brakes...
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Wow! I got 175k on or 02 4.2 I6 and cost $50 and 1 hour to swap. Gotta love KISS and i dont mean the band.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I figure the pump could be had for 200.00 or less and i would gladly spend 8 to 10 hours of my time to save 1000.00 .
        I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Well its like this. I saw the leak on Thursday and was going to the River early Saturday. So not much choice. The pump is gear driven and is over $300. As far as other components well the brakes are still the original ones and so are the belts which show no cracks. Had to replace the seals on the differential on both sides.
          Boatwakes isn't it a bit early to loose a water pump at 86000? What vehicle do you have? My former car went 200,000 before I lost the water pump

Comment

Working...
          X