Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50th Daytona 24

http://www.daytona24hr.com/

One of my favorite races of the year happens this weekend. Truly a who's who of racing drivers. Lots of opportunities to catch some of the action on SPEED channel. Grab a beer and check it out.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Thank's for that reminder, It is a fun one to watch.
    Building memories one river trip at a time

Comment

Just got back this evening from the 24. As usual I am exhausted and my liver took a beating. The 24 is brutal and fun at the same time. The weather was perfect this year and well worth the trip, my buddy Spencer Pumpelly and his teammates finished 2nd in the GT class. Almost heartbreaking to think that after 24 hours of wide open racing only 10 seconds was needed to take the win.

Comment

Originally posted by brett22i View Post
        Just got back this evening from the 24. As usual I am exhausted and my liver took a beating. The 24 is brutal and fun at the same time. The weather was perfect this year and well worth the trip, my buddy Spencer Pumpelly and his teammates finished 2nd in the GT class. Almost heartbreaking to think that after 24 hours of wide open racing only 10 seconds was needed to take the win.
        Oh man, I'm jealous. One of these days I'm going. Maybe you could show me around. What the wake scene on Lake Lloyd? You always see people out riding during the 500. Just wondering if there's any riding to be had?

Congrats to Spencer. That's great run. I'm sure only a victory would truly satisfy that team but, if you gotta finish second in a race, that's a damn fine second to get. They were all smiles at the end. TRG is no joke, nor is Brumos and for the Magnus team to beat those guys, well that's even more impressive.

How 'bout that Dinger though? He wasn't about to take any chit from anybody, not even McNish. That kid was on a mission. That battle with McNish will go down as an all-time great. I really had to side with AJ though. McNish basically ran him rough when AJ had him coming out of 1. AJ played it smart and backed out but, you had that feeling that the gloves were off at that point. AJ got that great run coming up on the banking and Alan squeezed him down. All the way down. Not that that was dirty or anything but, he had to know that AJ was fired up. AJ made himself a little breathing room and McNish took offense. More like lost his cool. The only real "foul" in my eyes was when he straight smashed AJ in the door. Didn't matter. AJ was gone for good. Helluva drive from that kid. I'm sure I'll remember that for a long time.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Daytona is a big track, tons of places to watch from. They allow you to get pretty close to the action and if you get bored with that corner you simply go find another. The infield is pretty much all access. The 50Th was packed this year, I have been a few times and this was a huge turn out. If you do make it to the race plan on an extra day to recover, and definitely stay in a tent in one of the camping areas, trying to get in & out of the track is a pain.
          In the past they had Centurion Boats as a sponsor and they rode on the lake. A couple of years ago there was some dude that did a jet ski 24 hour run. The lake is surpisingly big in person, the have a ramp and a 6 slip dock. Maybe next year Ill drag the 24Ve down there, most of the time if you act like you know where your going and dont make eye contact you get away with murder
          We will be going next year as long as Spencer is racing, hit me up if you attend.

Comment

The weather was perfect this year and well worth the trip.

----------------------------------------------
            Feast your eyes with 90210 Season 4 dvd.

Comment

I'd rather rack the yard leaves than watch race cars go around in circles.

Comment

Here's a car race worth watching.........
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X